Dynamic Earth Solution Group (DES) is looking for a senior designer to join the team. Reporting to the Practice Lead you will support projects globally.
What a Career at Hatch Offers You:
- You will have opportunities to contribute to complex projects around the world in meaningful ways
- Work on problems and gain experience in the office and on project sites
- Collaborate with diverse teams locally and globally
- Work in an exciting environment where you can apply your academic learning on a daily basis
- The opportunity for knowledge exchange with some of the leading minds and authorities in the industry.
- Participate in local Professional Development Programs, Sustainability Week, Toastmasters, and more to develop your skills
- Flexible work hours
As a Senior Civil Designer, you will be required to provide engineering deliverables and technical support. The main duties and responsibilities as part of this position include:
- Overall earthworks design for diverse projects
- Design access roads for mining, energy, and infrastructure related facilities
- Design/Model drainage and stormwater management systems
- Design/Model site grading
- 3D model preparation, and drawings production
- Close collaboration with other disciplines such as Structure, Mechanical, piping, and Electrical
Education, Experience, attributes, and Skills:
- Civil Engineering Technology Diploma from an accredited College
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong design software skills including demonstrated experience with Civil 3D, AutoCAD, Revit, InRoads, Microstation, OpenRoads, ProjectWise, Microsoft Office
- Work experience in completing design assignments for Mine sites including site grading, drainage, trenching, earth works, and Linear Infrastructure projects
- Strong communications skills are needed
- Experience in Civil infrastructure, site planning, linear alignment design
- Thorough understanding of inter-discipline requirements.
- Problem solving attitude.
- Ability to work in a team-environment
- Willing to mentor junior staff.
- C.E.T. Certification is an asset