Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Civil Engineer to join our Dynamic Earth Solutions group, supporting the Civil Site Development in Vancouver.
- Leading the civil project team through to completion of assigned projects in areas of bulk earthworks, site drainage, mine and plant roads and earth and mine tailings structures design.
- QA/QC of design calculations and contract documents.
- Assuming responsibilities of discipline practice on assigned
- Proposal and report writing
- Working collaboratively with the project managers and multi-discipline design teams.
- Quality control – Drawing and calculations checking and verification.
- Mentoring young engineers.
- May need to travel to site and other offices when necessary.
What you bring to the role:
- Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized engineering university
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Registered as a P.Eng.
- Thorough understanding of the design process including the application of civil design software packages.
- Previous design experience in bulk earthworks, site grading, storm drainage, access and haul roads and earth structures for large size projects.
- Must be familiar with reading terrain maps/models and contours.
- Ability to deal with competing priorities and manage time appropriately.
- Dedicated team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills, self-motivated, quick to deliver and a team player.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be a leader and able to guide and lead a team of engineers and designers to deliver high quality work.
- Good communication skills are most desirable. The candidate will have to coordinate and communicate with multi-discipline teams and clients as well as team working under his/her supervision.
Why join us?
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally