BIM Managers (Linear Infrastructure) are responsible for the strategies and processes that support the planning, production and delivery of information for the project’s entire lifecycle.
BIM Managers for Linear Infrastructure develop and support the delivery of the digital execution strategy for major transit infrastructure projects. This includes information production and delivery processes and workflows to ensure all functional information is produced, integrated and consolidated into an information model that satisfies the project’s requirements. The BIM Manager understands and coordinates the requirements for digital delivery and provides specialist advice to create value for stakeholders, while applying a continuous improvement culture to all digital delivery initiatives.
BIM Managers maintain overall responsibility for the design modelling process using best-in-class linear tools including Civil3D/Infraworks/OpenRail/OpenRoads, design model content, data and information creation, development, delivery, and model information exchange. BIM Managers ensure all digital delivery systems are setup and operating to support the BIM processes and workflows.
Where required, during pursuits the BIM Manager develops digital strategies and pre-award BIM Execution Plans (BEPs) and contributes to the pursuit. The BIM Manager ensures the pursuit has adequately priced in the BIM requirements, resources, and risk in accordance with Hatch’s digital cost recovery model. Develop and implement post-award BIM Execution Plans, procedures and workflows to support information production and delivery processes to satisfy the project’s information requirements. Establish BIM Standards and BIM quality processes necessary to ensure compliance, including:
- Model Management Standards (i.e. clash detection & issue resolution)
- CAD Management Standards (i.e. title blocks)
- Data Management Standards (i.e. data validation)
- Develop the federation strategy and establish and maintain the Model Breakdown Structure. Ensure the model federation is tested and maintained according to the BEP.
- Develop a BIM risk management strategy to identify & address risks to the project’s outcomes resulting from BIM processes, digital delivery systems, data or IT infrastructure.
- Determine training/onboarding requirements and develop and implement a training plan to ensure all members of the project team are sufficiently trained in the project specific BEP.
- Assess the BIM and digital execution capabilities of suppliers and sub-consultants
- Communicate and promote the BIM strategy to the project.
- Drive compliance with Hatch’s BIM procedures and standards
- Be responsible for the design modelling process, design model content federation, data and information creation, development and delivery and model information exchanges across project
- Manage the handover and transition of the information model to the client, supporting project close-out and archiving activities.
- Analyze project requirements to define technical requirements and configuration changes required to the digital delivery systems to achieve the project’s goals. Coordinate the efforts of the Project Systems Manager who is responsible for the set-up, implementation and administration of the digital delivery systems, IT infrastructure, telecommunications and project systems to support design and/or construction site activities.
- Effectively lead and manage across functions and disciplines to maximize collaboration, efficiency, productivity, and consistency in digital execution.
Qualifications and Experience
- Tertiary degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in BIM delivery and management
- Experience of BIM execution for linear infrastructure projects (roads, railways, stations, bridges, tunnels, utilities etc.)
- Experience of writing BIM documentation including plans, procedures, specifications, and work instructions.
- Management of BIM teams.