Vendor Quality Surveillance Representative (VQS) monitors the vendor/supplier implementation of their quality plan. The monitoring aims to reassure the project that the vendor/supplier has been able to demonstrate compliance to the specified requirements through the provision of objective evidence. The QS Coordinator can commence at pre-award stage of the project and remain through to the purchase order closeout. Reporting to the VQS Lead, the QS Coordinators primary interfaces include engineering, purchasing, expediting, and logistics. An intimate knowledge of applicable codes and standards and a capability to conclude the vendor/supplier has met the compliance requirements is essential. The QS Coordinator is primarily responsible for the coordination of QS Inspector interaction with the vendor/supplier manufacture inspection and test activities. The QS Coordinator shall have well developed planning skills and strong interpersonal skills needed to oversee the efficient and effective execution of monitoring and surveillance by QS Inspectors.
This position can be located in Mississauga or Calgary.
- With engineering, identify the Equipment Criticality Rating (ECR), for each item from each point of supply.
- With procurement and the vendor/supplier, identify points of supply that require QS Inspector attendance.
- Provide any updates to the VQS Lead of the level of surveillance and forecast hours to complete.
- Facilitate the pre-inspection alignment meetings.
- Implement the VQS execution plan and associated plans and procedures.
- With the VQS Lead, recruit and engage QS Inspection personnel.
Coordinate the QS Inspector attendance at scheduled inspections.
- Review outputs from QS Inspectors.
- Coordinate the review of supplier documents and data deliverables.
- Administer the non-conformance management and closure process.
- Coach and mentor QS Inspection personnel on effective and efficient VQS implementation.
- With purchasing, participate in the purchase order closeout process.
- Provide the VQS Lead input to the VQS project report.
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant technical qualifications that enable a competent exchange of information between all parties specific to the product and associated manufacture, inspection, and test processes.
- High degree of technical aptitude and familiarity with various materials, equipment types, disciplines, and supply items.
- Experience with reviewing and interpreting specifications, standards, codes, drawings, and statutory requirements.
- Previous experience with manufacturing quality control and quality assurance.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 or equivalent quality management standards.
- Good knowledge of industry standards and regulations to be applied for inspection and testing activities.
- Proven track record in a similar position.
- Excellent understanding of project execution, especially in an EPCM environment with a strong materials management focus.
- Computer and mobile device literate.
- Strong administrative skills
- 10 years in a similar role.
- Managerial training.