The Construction Services Manager is responsible to coordinate and manage the interface between the design team and the construction team at site to ensure the completed work complies with the engineering design, codes and standards for the project. The Construction Services Manager is the primary liaison with home office Engineering and is responsible for coordination and resolution of technical issues on site. It also supports Project Management, Quality Management and HS&E.
2. Key Responsibilities
- Manages, supervises, directs and reviews activities of the field engineering team in the performance of on-site engineering design required during the course of construction, commissioning and handover.
- Provides technical support to the Construction Management Team (CMT)
- Manages field change processes and RFI’s per the program’s procedures.
- Assists CMT to develop and implement the Field Engineering section of the Construction Execution Plan.
- Provides on-site monitoring and engineering assistance with the constructability program.
- Performs review of Contractor CWP submittals, ITPs and Method Statements.
- Responsible and accountable for the timely resolution of cross-discipline clashes or conflicts arising from the engineering deliverables.
- Identifies quality concerns, supports site quality management processes to ensure quality assurance and conformance to project requirements.
- Manages requests for substitutions, alternates, concessions, proposed alternative designs and/or changes and resolves these in a timely manner in consultation with the home office design team or other project stakeholders as applicable.
- Manages and coordinates the preparation of red-line markups and as-built/record drawings and documents as per the project close-out and handover plan.
3. Qualifications and Experience
- University degree/technical diploma in an engineering discipline appropriate to the specific project or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Knowledge of construction means and methods across all disciplines.
- Demonstrable track record combining multi-disciplinary engineering management on major transit projects with sufficient and relative on-site construction/field engineering experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of design criteria, application of engineering processes and materials of construction.
- Proficient with engineering/technical software/systems and their application to the project.
- General knowledge of industry and regulatory standards applicable to the project and the local jurisdiction.
- Competent organizational skills combined with efficient time management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of project planning and multi-discipline interfaces.
- Understanding of drawing production processes and document control methodologies.
- Expertise in As-Built procedures and submittals.
- Ability to evaluate proposed technical options and provide solutions in a timely manner.
- Strong communication skills, effectively manages key project stakeholder relationships (including internal and external clients).
- Leadership qualities and skills required to lead and motivate teams, transfer expertise and mentor/coach others.
- Adaptable to change and able to facilitate high pressure situations.
Registration as a Professional Engineer with the governing authority in the local jurisdiction.