Our expertise in infrastructure includes aviation, highways and bridges, planning and advisory services, ports, rail and transit, tunnels, and water. Want to be part of the creation and construction of our cities? Then the infrastructure team is for you!
Hatch is actively seeking talented Junior Site Inspectors to join our Highways & Bridges Division. In this role, you will be based on various sites throughout the Thunder Bay area and have the opportunity to work on high profile projects being undertaken on behalf of the Ministry of Transportation throughout the province and local Municipalities throughout the Northwest.
- Ensure that construction work is performed in accordance with the contract plans and specifications;
- Monitoring the constructed product for quality assurance;
- Understanding and interpreting the requirements and details of the contract drawings and specifications;
- Inspecting the work, materials means, and methods used in construction;
- Employing measuring and testing techniques in assessing contract compliance;
- Identifying and acting on any site, contractual and regulatory infractions;
- Assisting with the administration of the construction contracts;
- Tracking and reporting on the status of inspection activities;
- Maintaining daily records of construction activity and progress.
- A Civil Engineering Technology diploma from a recognized college or OACETT designation, or Ontario P.Eng. designation or equivalent;
- 0-2 years of experience in the inspection of large, multi-discipline and/or highway & bridge projects;
- Experience in the civil/structural discipline;
- Inspection experience in construction of highway or bridge projects a definite asset;
- Sound knowledge of construction inspection and management principles, practices and techniques, as well as knowledge of construction products, materials and equipment;
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act, and regulations for construction projects;
- Must possess sound judgment; strong organizational, administrative, observational and problem-solving skills; effective interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills.
Why join us?
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally