Under the leadership of the Business Unit Manager and Proposal Lead, the Proposal coordinator will be responsible for assisting the Business Unit with all document management activities and other proposal administration tasks as required by the project teams. As proposal coordinator, you will work to edit and design the finalized proposal document. You will also work to communicate the proposal in various ways, including graphic layouts and PowerPoint presentations, and work with the proposal team to ensure that deadlines are met. In many situations, you will be working on multiple proposals at the same time.
- Coordinates and supervises the production and creation of marketing materials and proposals, utilizing highly developed organization, interpersonal and team building skills.
- Draft proposal portions such as introduction, company profile, overview, and cover letter.
- Create/update qualifications/business development material (project description sheets/project listings/CVs, etc.).
- Prepare the detailed proposal outline based on the requirements and criteria for evaluation.
- Performs ongoing maintenance of proposal template libraries, including updates of business development literature (i.e. Project Description sheets, project listings, CVs, etc.).
- Support proposal development with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and proposal team members.
- Maintain proposal development schedules, i.e. kick-off meeting, production meetings, proposal deadline, etc. Anticipate and resolve proposal challenges and problems.
- Coordinates Strategy Meeting conference calls.
- Regularly interact with senior executives to strategize opportunities, determine resources, relevant experience.
- Review all proposals for errors, grammar, punctuation, etc.
- Create template documents as well as entry and editing of boilerplate language and the integration of this boilerplate into draft documents (includes review, formatting and proofing).
- Ensure quality assurance and control of all documentation.
- Coordinate final production schedules for timely delivery.
- Assist project managers in the selection of appropriate marketing literature to be included in response to the Request for Proposals, Statements of Qualifications, Expressions of Interest, etc.
- Research archives of past projects and proposals for similar scopes in order to exemplify experience requirements.
- Print and assemble bids and proposals using office equipment and coordinate the delivery process for bids and proposals via UPS, courier, and/or hand-deliver bids.
- Synthesize proposal materials into final client ready package.
- Liaise with subconsultants and prime to coordinate proposal documentation.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong communication skills, including English grammar and writing.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks at the same time/multi-task.
- Keen attention to detail and desire to learn new technologies.
- Self-starter attitude who needs minimal direction.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Able to maintain consistency in editing, yet strive to continuously improve documentation by learning new techniques and proposing new ideas for improvement.
- Interest in working collaboratively with editing team, as well as other colleagues.
- Exceptional poise and professional demeanor.
- Maintain professional and courteous communication and timely responsiveness with internal and external customers via telephone and email.