Hatch is seeking a highly motivated DevOps Consultant or Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, to join the Product Development team in the Digital Practice.
Join our diverse team and award-winning culture and be part of our clients’ digital transformation journey. This journey will lead to better outcomes for our clients, people and the planet through innovative decision-making support, autonomous execution, integrated operations and innovative new technology-based solutions.
This is an excellent career opportunity for a creative individual who strives to deliver superior digital products in an industry of accelerated change and innovation.
Hatch is all about innovation. We challenge our clients with innovative ideas that help them take their business to higher levels. We challenge our employees to act as entrepreneurs in a flat, connected organization to solve our clients’ problems.
A successful DevOps Consultant at Hatch is a passionate person who is confident and has exceptional communication skills; an outcome-oriented person who enjoys accelerating the ease and responsiveness of software services.
We are looking for a DevOps Consultant person to join our growing Digital Products team.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Enable agile delivery through operational and infrastructure process, including testing pipelines, automated provisioning.
- Lead best practices like Infrastructure as code, continuous delivery and continue integration
- Be involved with all technical activities within the team such as estimating, sprint planning, software development life cycle activities, code reviews, testing, deployments and documentation creation
- Be passionate about build secure, and scalable infrastructure
- Emphasize the collaboration and communication within and outside of your team to help continually improve the process of software delivery
- Remain abreast of technology developments within fields relevant to current and future initiatives and development work
You bring to the role:
- 6+ years’ hands-on experience. Strong in the following infrastructure technologies:
- In-depth knowledge infrastructure provisioning tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Chef and Puppet
- Regular usage of Azure DevOps or GitHub
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as python and PowerShell,
- Understanding the requirements to release production-ready software in a very short cadence
- Protocol – REST via Web API + JSON, OData
- Proficient in working with Microsoft Azure Services including storage accounts, API apps and API Management services
- SQL Server, Azure Storage, MongoDB/Cosmos DB
- Experience with designing end to end solutions and/or Products
- Experience evaluating new development frameworks and technologies and provide adoption recommendations
- Experience software quality assurance methodologies and technologies
- Experience with Agile and Kanban methodologies and working in teams of mixed disciplines.
- A strong appreciation for all skillset needed to build amazing products. Including (but not limited to) Subject matter experts, engineers, designer and user experience.
- Experience building consensus across teams
- Trust is the foundation of a strong team, must be a self-starter, organized and needs minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, training or work experience
Working knowledge in the following areas is considered an asset:
- Azure Services specially Machines Learning services