Responsible for managing, coordinating and administering Hatch Contract activities within large Clients’ projects with the aim to safeguard Clients’ assets through proper prime contract management. Minimize project risks through active analysis and application of best commercial and contractual management practices. Participate, prepare and review agreements including Joint Venture partners.
- Review and comment on draft proposals, prime contracts, joint venture agreements, etc.
- Participate as required during contract negotiations and business development arrangements
- Participate in the risk review process on as required basis for new proposals
- Establish professional relationship with Clients’ management and legal groups
- Contract (Management) Stage:
- Ensure proper project set up and reflection of contract payment terms onto existing Hatch systems (SAP, iPas PM, etc.)
- Implement prime contract pricing and inflationary adjustments during all project phases
- Develop, with the Project Controls Manager and the support of CET, the contractual relationships with sub-contractors that are taking on any part of the Hatch EPCM scope
- Review the commercial terms and conditions under project trade contracts
- Ensure compliance with local requirements including taxation, insurance and legal affairs for Hatch
- Contact (Closeout) Stage:
- Issuance of final invoices, adjustments, account closeout and collection of outstanding payments
- Resolution of outstanding contractual disputes including pending insurance claims in coordination with CET
- Coordination of final certificates and releases of performance bonds, letters of guarantee, release of liens, etc.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree at Bachelor or Master’s level in Engineering or Business Administration
- At least five years' experience in project management and contract management in similar industries
- Strong negotiation skills
- Well-developed written and oral communication.
- Knowledge in contracts law
- Knowledge in finance
- Experience in the organization and discipline functions of a large EPCM project.