Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Intermediate Proposal Coordinator to join the Infrastructure group in our Management & Delivery team in the Mississauga location.
New infrastructure and revitalizing assets are a key part of growth for any economy. We work with our clients to imagine and build cities of the future through a constant commitment to innovation and cutting-edge technology.
Our knowledge of infrastructure includes aviation, highways and bridges, planning and advisory services, ports, rail and transit, tunnels, and water. Want to be part of the creation and construction of our cities? Then the infrastructure team is for you!
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Evaluate, manage and respond to RFPs, RFQs, and EOI’s for Public Sector proposals with a focus on project management and quality assurance.
- Managing the proposal process from planning kick-off meetings to submitting final proposal.
- Coordinates technical content, updates/customizes resumes, personnel bios, project descriptions, and other proposal information.
- Work with a cross-functional team and subject matter experts to get input into the technical proposal sections.
- Coordinates creative graphic design and layout; edits, proofreads, organizes, and understands large volumes of proposal data.
- Coordinate all aspects of the proposal development process including inputs into client management system, scheduling meetings, status updates, and colour review meetings and driving deadlines,
- Coordinates and communicates with content writers and sub consultants managing their information for the proposal and/or presentation efforts.
- Coordinate development of content other necessary materials from both internal staff and partner organizations as applicable.
- Communicate verbally and in writing with proposal participants to track tasks against the schedule to ensure internal proposal deadlines are being met.
- Identify/escalate issues that may impact the proposal’s schedule or quality.
- Coordinates final QA process and ensures proposals are delivered within designated timeline.
- Handles all administrative functions including final proposal production, reprographics, binding, finishing, and shipping of documents.
- Complete online submission of proposals, using portals such as Merx, Bids & Tenders, Ariba, Bidding, RAQS as well as other municipal websites).
- Support clarifications and post-bid submission requirements.
- Other duties include developing and maintaining support material: boilerplate content, resumes, project sheets, images, testimonials.
You bring to the role:
- Diploma or Degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Business Administration, or English (Technical Writing) or related field.
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience required with developing proposals, including editing and formatting preferably for engineering, architectural, scientific, or other consulting firms.
- Working knowledge of searching for federal, provincial and municipal bid opportunities preferred.
- Very proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with strong MS Word skills. Adobe Creative Suite software preferred (InDesign (in particular), Photoshop, and Illustrator).
- Background in major Infrastructure projects and / or P3 an asset.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and be a self-starter.
- Requires excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, as well as strong detail orientation, analytical and general business skills and ability to process information quickly and accurately.
- Working knowledge of engineering, architecture, or environmental consulting field is highly desired.
- Able to handle multiple work assignments concurrently, adhere to strict deadlines, and be accountable for work performed.
- Able to work in a team environment with a variety of personalities, collaborate on assignments and learn from peers.
- Strong writing skills with the ability to edit and proofread documents for grammar, clarity and ensure client requirements are met. Must have the ability to identify, separate and delegate work tasks and prioritize them in relation to the overall proposal production activity and deadlines.