Hatch is seeking a Civil Engineering Technician/Technologist. Reporting to Project Engineers you will support offices globally working from our Thunder Bay office.
What Hatch Will Offer You:
- Be given opportunities to contribute to complex projects in meaningful ways. Surveying, Highway Inspection and Contract Administration.
- Work on problems and gain experience in the office and on project sites
- Work in an exciting environment where you can apply your academic learning on a daily basis
- Benefit from informal mentorship from some of the leading minds and authorities in the industry
- Join in charitable, social, and sports activities with other Hatch employees
We’re entrepreneurs with a technical soul. Our flat organizational structure creates an atmosphere of openness and participation. We build practical solutions that are safe, innovative, and sustainable. Our ultimate goal is to achieve no harm for our people, our clients, and our communities.
- Perform assignments related to civils, drainage and utilities
- Assist with preparation of detailed design for civil engineering infrastructure/utilities projects
- Support preparation of drawings from detailed notes and specifications
- Coordination with other technicians in designing drainage and utilities provision for development, urban regeneration and transportation projects
- Provide support to Senior Engineers and Designers as and when needed
Education and Experience:
- Currently enrolled in a Civil Technician / Technologist co-op program from an accredited university/college
- In good academic standing
- Extracurricular involvement; enthusiastic and ambitious
- Experience with CADD (MicroStation and/or Inroads and AutoCAD Civil 3D), AutoTURN (would be an asset), Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- Self-motivated with good organizational capability
Competencies (knowledge, skill, attributes):
- Good understanding of engineering and business fundamentals as they apply to engineering problems and projects
- Ability to learn quickly and to take on new challenges
- Ability to deal with competing priorities and manage time appropriately.
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Shows critical and creative thinking and problem solving, and brings forward solutions for our clients' toughest challenges
- Highly motivated, with a positive attitude and an ability to understand innovation
- Adapts and embraces change