Our Project Delivery Group (PDG) helps clients with world-class project delivery from studies to building assets, operating the assets, and developing efficiencies through our people, methodologies, governance, and systems. Our engineering and project management and construction disciplines ensure safe, efficient, and sustainable delivery of projects globally across the metals and mining, infrastructure, and energy sectors.
PDG helps clients reach their business goals through a range of strong technical capabilities. We ensure world-class project delivery through the skills of our people, methodologies, governance, and systems. Our engineering and project management and construction disciplines ensure safe, efficient, and sustainable delivery of projects globally across the metals and mining, infrastructure, and energy sectors.
We manage our clients’ entire project lifecycle from studies to building assets, operating the assets, and developing efficiencies.
Join our team and become part of a community that strives for positive change–providing the best solutions for our clients’ toughest challenges!
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Electrical Engineer to join our Project Delivery Group (PDG) in St - John's.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Ensure the successful execution of engineering and design for mining/mineral processing and/or other heavy industrial sector projects, within budget and on schedule;
- Provide technical leadership and guidance, as well as mentor and assist with on-the-job training of engineers-in-training and designers;
- Prepare calculations and detailed analysis as required;
- Prepare equipment specification packages;
- Check manufacturer drawings and data for compliance with specifications;
- Prepare detailed design, supply, construction, and installation specifications;
- Develop conceptual designs, studies, reports and proposals;
- Ensure effective communication within and between project disciplines and with client engineers;
- Participate in company business development activities;
- Visit project sites and other Hatch offices for project related activities as required;
- Ability to work and communicate positively within a team-based environment to ensure all deliverables are in conformance with engineering codes, standards, quality, schedule and budgetary restraints;
- Commitment to taking responsibility for job function and to look beyond their job function and task and understand how their work is used and influences others;
- Strong personal commitment to Safety and Quality;
- Experience spanning across multiple industries and sectors will be considered and preferred.
- Other related duties as required.
You bring to the role:
- Electrical Engineering degree and should be registered as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) with Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador (PEGNL);
- Minimum 10 years working experience
- Experience with engineering design, 3D modeling, specification writing, project and package management, project and construction management activities and client relations is relevant;
- Knowledge of electrical design tools and software;
- Knowledge of industry regulatory codes and standards;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within multi-disciplinary teams;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good planning and organizational skills;
- Ability to function with minimal supervision;
- Safety awareness