Our Project Delivery Group (PDG) helps clients with world-class project delivery from studies to building assets, operating the assets, and developing efficiencies through our people, methodologies, governance, and systems. Our engineering and project management and construction disciplines ensure safe, efficient, and sustainable delivery of projects globally across the metals and mining, infrastructure, and energy sectors.
- Writing and executing the Project Quality Management Plan which includes quality system procedures for:
- the work performed by the Project team in developing the Project Specifications, and reference concept design;
- the development of Request for Qualifications (RFQs), Request for Proposals (RFPs), the Project Agreement (PA) AND Schedules for a Design-Build-Finance (DBF) project;
- the required Quality Management Procedures for Facilities Construction and Systems Installation in the post-award construction phase and
- the required Quality Management Procedures for Test & Commissioning and Acceptance.
- Overseeing and verifying consistency in the implementation of internal QA/QC activities throughout the SSE Project team in all phases of the Project;
- Providing training for the Project team in implementing the agreed quality management program;
- Identifying negative trends and establishing improvement processes within the team;
- Participating in development of the PA and all related Schedules, as related to quality management requirements, in collaboration with the Client;
- Participating in Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), development of requirements for Inspection and Test Plans(ITPS), and development of requirements for Inspection and Test Plans(ITPS), and development of other relevant Plans, Procedures and Work Instructions;
- Reviewing and overseeing all aspects of the Quality Management System (QMS) put forward by the contractor as well as reviewing reports generated by QA/QC personnel;
- Overseeing Facilities Construction and Systems Installation, Test and Commissioning, and Acceptance, and managing the NCR process leading to timely identification of non-conformance and implementation and Corrective Actions as required;
- Providing monthly Quality Management Reports;
- Participating in internal and external quality audits.
- University Degree or Diploma of Technology (e.g. civil mechanical, electrical) will be considered an asset;
- A minimum of 5 years of Quality Manager experience in quality management and compliance verification for transit projects;
- Demonstrated experience in a quality management role on a Design-Build-Finance or P3 infrastructure development project with a capital construction cost of $1 billion or more;
- Demonstrated experience in development of Quality Management Plans, Inspection and Test Plans etc.;
- A minimum of 10-15 years of QA related experience in the design or construction of subway infrastructure or systems;
- Lead Auditor certification (ISO 9001 or equal) or ASQ Certification (CMQ/OE, CQA OR CQE) considered an asset;
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and leadership skills as well as the ability to work in a demanding multidisciplinary environment;
- Excellent working knowledge of various industry codes, standards and regulations governing quality management of transit project development in Ontario;
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, Access).