Since its inception in 1924 in Niagara Falls (H.G. Acres), Hatch's Hydroelectric Group has been a world leader and has designed over 45,000 MW of projects in Canada and abroad. We are one of Canada's largest hydroelectric engineering firms with over 300 specialized engineers and technicians located in offices across Canada, the United States, Latin America and Australia. From the design of new facilities for the private and public sectors to rehabilitation and augmentation services for existing sites, our team uses state-of-the-art software in the life cycle management process.
For more than 9 years now, Hatch has established a new hydro office in Montreal which, in addition to reinforcing the expertise of our other offices, offers services in French to its clients in Quebec and in French-speaking countries including Africa. We are currently looking for an intermediate or senior engineer in generating unit mechanics to join our growing team in Montreal or Baie-Comeau. The engineer will be called upon to lead the TA team and to work on stimulating and varied projects in Quebec, North America and occasionally internationally. He/she will join a dynamic and highly qualified multidisciplinary team.
The engineer will be called upon to participate and perform the following tasks
- Responsible for the supervision of a team of intermediate and junior TA engineers;
- Prepare and write proposals and present them to clients;
- Lead assigned projects and manage client relationships;
- Provide engineering services and advice on the design, fabrication and installation of turbine and generator mechanical parts for new plant construction or unit refurbishment/modernization;
- Supervise and coordinate the technical work of fellow engineers and technicians;
- Write technical reports of studies, analyses, audits and inspections, technical modification requests, non-conformities, etc.
- Realization of preliminary projects of modernization of groups including technical audits in the plant, analysis of the customer's needs, writing of reports, realization of the bills of quantities, etc.
- Write technical specifications for the supply or refurbishment of TA units;
- Verify documentation produced by suppliers such as drawings, calculation notes, manufacturing procedures, purchase specifications, assembly procedures, etc.
- Conduct occasional inspections, supervisions and tests in the shop or on site.
- Possess 10 to 25 years of experience in mechanical design of generating units;
- Available to travel on occasion;
- Good working knowledge of mechanical design software;
- Experience with finite element calculation tools an asset.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering (Master's degree an asset);
- Member of the O.I.Q. or eligible to become one.