Our Project Delivery Group (PDG) helps clients with world-class project delivery from studies to building assets, operating the assets, and developing efficiencies through our people, methodologies, governance, and systems. Our engineering and project management and construction disciplines ensure safe, efficient, and sustainable delivery of projects globally across the metals and mining, infrastructure, and energy sectors.
The Project Cost Control Lead develops, maintains and reports project cost information. They maintain planned and actual cost and commitment schedules and, in conjunction with the Project Controls Manager and Project Manager, oversee variations and revisions to existing budgets, as well as changes to scope and contract variation quotations. The Lead Cost Controller leads the costing discipline and will manage and oversee costing staff allocated to the project on a day to day basis.
- A strong personal commitment to safety
- Personal responsibility for safety incident reporting
- Behavioral-based safety ethos to be embraced
- Personal responsibility for stopping any unsafe behavior as and when it occurs, and thereafter reporting the safety incident so that corrective action may be obtained
- Familiarization with Hatch safety processes, protocols and procedures.
- FEL3 data verification and set-up planning
- Finalized coding of all detailed estimate line items using baseline project control budget in order to establish package budgets.
Direct cost estimate (Definitive)
- Initiate and manage the preparation, review and issue of the Project definitive cost estimate in conjunction with the Project Estimator
- Manage the detailed direct cost estimate review with the Project Controls Manager, Project Manager and the project team to gain approval.
- Finalize coding of all detailed line items, based on procurement package register, approved capital cost estimate and project coding
- Agree on client requirements for cost reporting and cost profiles
- Establish asset management methodology, based on client asset management philosophy (asset register)
- Prepare budgets for procurement packages and the associated budget reconciliation
- Conduct periodic reviews with procurement to establish and maintain forecasts for all packages including Estimate at Completion and expenditure forecasts
- Manage and forecast project contingency requirements, escalation, Forex, currencies etc.
- Update and maintain budget with approved PCNs
- Produce and organize the review of the cost report and variance analysis.
- Generate data and curves for each cost profile (baselines and periodic updates).
- Project trend and change management
- Ensure approved trends and changes are incorporated in the project estimate at completion and budget.
Qualifications and Experience
- Tertiary qualification in engineering or relevant discipline. Alternatively appropriate project related experience.
- Two to four years relevant experience in a managerial position and a minimum of five to eight years experience as a Cost Controller in a multidiscipline project environment.
- Good knowledge of budgeting, forecasting final costs, cash flows and estimating.
- Overview of procurement, contracts, quantity surveying, planning, scheduling and engineering processes and procedures.
- Estimating and tendering processes.
- Risk management principles.
- Good knowledge of project management principles.
- Computer literacy (MS Office package).
- Sound technical knowledge in a multi-discipline environment
- Interpersonal and good communication skills
- Resource management
- Time management
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Planning and organizing
- Budgeting skills
- Verbal and written communications
- Presentation skills.