Hatch recognizes that the development of people and their professional skills is the path to optimal performance and organizational success. The mandate of the People Development team is to support our people in their personal and professional growth as well as the achievement of excellence aligned to the Hatch vision of creating a better world through positive change. Hatch employees are encouraged to acquire, share, and use knowledge to sustain market advantage and drive business success. Our knowledgeable and motivated people ensure that Hatch will continue to tackle the world’s toughest problems for its clients.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Prepare and administer multiple bi-weekly payrolls across Canada
- Run and utilize reports in SAP
- Review Excel Pivot table reports and time files for import as received by Human Resources
- Actively run and audit payroll reports in Dayforce and check for accuracy on a pay period basis as well as in preparation of each year-end
- Resolve and respond to tickets in the Zendesk ticketing system
- Liaise and follow-up with Human Resources to resolve any issues and ensure timely and accurate processing
- Process new hires, terminations, leaves of absences and changes within the payroll system
- Analyze data entered in payroll to ensure it matches with the HRIS (Success Factors)
- Calculate Pension and Benefits payment schedules for maternity and other leaves as well assist in coordination of the monthly pre-authorized debit report for finance
- Update and verify payroll records in Dayforce
- Prepare and process smtp file transfers as well as .csv imports into Dayforce
- Process manual and off cycle payments as necessary
- Assist with Year-end balancing and reconciliations
- Maintain detailed records and documentation of payroll functions
- Assist with evolving systems testing and data verifications
- Assist with answering payroll related inquiries via Zendesk, email, phone, teams or in person
- Filing as required
- Other related duties and special projects, as assigned
You bring to the role:
- Post-secondary education. Degree or diploma is considered an asset.
- PCP/CPM certification or proof of enrollment in the Canadian Payroll Association’s PCP Certification program.
- English/French bilingual is considered an asset
- Experience working in Ceridian Dayforce, SAP and Success Factors would be an asset
- Intermediate to Expert level experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Knowledge of audits, Canadian payroll legislation including Quebec, pension, and benefits programs
- Exceptional attention to detail, high degree of accuracy and proven organizational skills
- Adaptable to various tasks and able to handle multiple changing priorities
- Ability to resolve issues in a positive manner
- Proven understanding of confidentiality, discretion, and diplomacy
Why join us?
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally