Hatch is seeking an EIT in their Rail Group with interest in Rail Engineering. Reporting to the Regional Rail Lead, you will support projects locally and globally based out of our Vancouver Head Office location.
What Will a Career at Hatch Offer You:
- Be given opportunities to contribute to complex projects around the world in meaningful ways
- Work on problems and gain experience in the office and on project sites as part of your career development
- Collaborate with diverse teams locally and globally
- Work in an exciting environment where you can apply your academic learning on a daily basis
- Gain relevant experience and support in obtaining your professional designation
- Benefit from formal and informal mentorship from some of the leading minds and authorities in the industry
- Participate in local Professional Development Programs, Sustainability Week, Toastmasters, and more to develop your skills
- Join in charitable, social, and sports activities with other Hatch employees
We’re entrepreneurs with a technical soul. Our flat organizational structure creates an atmosphere of openness and participation. We build practical solutions that are safe, innovative, and sustainable. Our ultimate goal is to achieve no harm for our people, our clients, and our communities.
- Working as part of a design team, assisting with conceptual, preliminary and detailed design; site inspection and site supervision; design calculations, report writing.
- Coordination with engineers, designers and related disciplines as required to assist with project deliverables;
- Preparing design submissions and other technical documents;
Education and Experience:
- Must be working towards graduating in 2022, or recently graduated, with an Civil or Structural Engineering degree from an accredited University.
- Knowledge of current technical engineering codes and practices;
- Proficiency in the use of either or: AutoCAD , Microstation and/or Civil3D
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook);
- Problem solving skills and analytical;
Competencies (knowledge, skill, attributes):
- Good understanding of Engineering and business fundamentals as they apply to Engineering problems and projects;
- Ability to learn quickly and to take on new challenges;
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Shows critical and creative thinking and problem solving, and brings forward solutions for our clients' toughest challenges;
- Highly motivated, with a positive attitude and an ability to understand innovation;
- Adapts and embraces change.
- Project Management.