Our Project Delivery Group (PDG) helps clients with world-class project delivery from studies to building assets, operating the assets, and developing efficiencies through our people, methodologies, governance, and systems. Our engineering and project management and construction disciplines ensure safe, efficient, and sustainable delivery of projects globally across the metals and mining, infrastructure, and energy sectors.
Hatch is seeking a Health & Safety Advisor to be based in Mississauga, Ontario. If you are looking for your next step in a progressive career, enjoy working with people in a team environment, and strive for excellence, we want to hear from you!
- Provide advice, strategies and problem solving to project personnel on all health and safety issues to achieve the goal of ‘no harm’ during the project
- Promote a culture in where health and safety is a value that will never be compromised
- Together with project and construction management, develop, update and implement the project health and safety policy, safety management plan and standards.
- Ensure the delivery and rollout of Construction Safety Leadership Program (CSLP) on the project
- Provide assistance in all pre-contract, tender assessment and contract administration for projects in relation to health and safety requirements and expectations
- Review and approve contractor’s safety management plans and safe operating procedures before work commences
- Lead and facilitate the project hazard analysis and risk assessment process across all project disciplines
- Develop, implement and coordinate incident reporting, analysis and statistical returns for the project
- Implement and manage the project audit program for Hatch and all contractors
- Manage the identification of health and safety training needs for personnel, including project staff and contractors
- Provide workers compensation and rehabilitation support, advice and manage the process
Qualifications and Experience
- 5 to 10 years of experience in health and safety, with at least seven years on site experience on major projects (EPCM)
- Degree or post-secondary education in Health & Safety or related field
- Member of a recognized health and safety professional organization (CRSP, CIH, NCSO)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A high level of organizational skills
- A passion for continual improvement of project health and safety performance
- Ability to lead and motivate on site project teams in health and safety