Hatch is looking for a Senior Buyer to join our Technology practice in Mississauga, ON office.
Reporting to the Technologies Supply Chain and After Market Products Manager, the Senior Buyer is the custodian of all pre-award activities related to the purchase of project materials and equipment. The Senior Buyer is also responsible for managing the bidders’ selection, bidding process, evaluation and recommendation, as well as the award process, thereby maximizing efficiencies and minimizing risk related to financial and schedule performance.
Perform Procurement and Expediting Tasks to support Hatch Technologies EPC and EPCM projects
- Prepare Bid documents
- Identify potential suppliers
- Negotiate commercial terms and conditions with support from the commercial group
- Conduct and present bid evaluation with commercial and technical analysis
- Place orders onto suppliers and expedite purchase orders
- Generate and Present PPSR reports on regular basis
- Prepare estimates for procurement support
- Receive and pre approve suppliers invoices
- Generate and Present Project and Business commitments reports
- Use iPAS MP in all phases of procurement and expediting
- Properly file all project and general business documentation according to Hatch guidelines
- Take leadership role in procurement during large projects
2. Participate in Vendors Management System
- Manage vendors database including all related commercial documents (NDA’s, Special Terms and Conditions, Active Contacts, Financial guarantees, etc.…)
- Conduct continuous Vendor Evaluation program based on vendor performance during projects
- Participate in vendor selection strategy
- Identifying suitable suppliers relative to regional location and specific technologies requirements globally, review of supplier capabilities and desk top evaluations.
For the Furnace
- Copper Cooler
- Furnace Steel
For other technologies
- Roasters and Fluid Beds
- Down Stream (Coil Box, etc.)
Streamline the Vendor Management Process
- On Projects Basis (Quotation, Ordering, Expediting, Close Out)
- On an Ongoing Basis (Yearly review, Preferred/Approved/Terminated Status, etc.)
- Establish a Vendor Performance process and rhythm
- Ensures The Vendor Management System is included in MP
- CPP (Certified Professional Purchaser) or equivalent, in process, plus 3 to 8 years practical experience.
- Global Procurement experience, specifically the acquisition of capital equipment/materials
- Mechanical and Fabrication background will be an asset
- Good understanding Terms and Conditions and accompanying legal implications
- Negotiation skills
- A firm understanding of procurement processes and corporate governance principles
- Knowledge of Incoterms, freight forwarding and other activities related to local and global purchasing and movement of equipment/materials across borders
- Good understanding of applicable legislation including taxes and industry specific tariffs
- Sound commercial knowledge with respect to performance and risk mitigation mechanisms and exhaustive detailed commercial evaluation skills.
- Very familiar in using computerized procurement systems such as Smart Plant Material (MP), SAP, Microsoft Dynamics, etc.