Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Intermediate Electrical Engineer to join our Project Delivery Group (PDG) in Vancouver.
PDG helps clients reach their business goals through a range of strong technical capabilities. We ensure world-class project delivery through the skills of our people, methodologies, governance, and systems. Our engineering and project management and construction disciplines ensure safe, efficient, and sustainable delivery of projects globally across the metals and mining, infrastructure, and energy sectors.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Working in a fast-paced, dynamic team with other engineers in a multidisciplinary environment
- Performing design calculations and documenting findings and recommendations in a report
- Preparing specifications for the procurement of a variety of electrical equipment for industrial plants
- Preparing single line diagrams, schematics, wiring diagrams, cable schedules, and equipment layouts
- Preparing equipment operating manuals, test procedures, and training materials
- Working primarily out of the Mississauga office, but willing to travel to remote sites to participate in meetings, conducting inspections, commissioning, and testing
Education, Skills and Qualifications for this position include:
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized and accredited institution
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience, including relevant experience in the following:
- Experience with design of electrical equipment within industrial plants and substations, including low/medium/high voltage switchgear, transformers, motors and motor control centers, diesel generators, lighting, cables and cable raceway systems, and grounding
- Experience with load flow, short-circuit, and arc flash modelling software
- Knowledge of electrical codes and standards
- Solid experience in the preparation of reports and specifications
- Strong written and verbal communication skill, interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Strong client focus and a desire to achieve results including the ability to manage multiple priorities and time lines
- Registration (or eligibility for registration) as a Professional Engineer in Ontario or another Canadian Province
- Site and commissioning experience will be considered an asset
- Working knowledge of process controls and instrumentation will be considered an asset
- Working knowledge of generators, exciters, and governors will be considered an asset
- Proficiency with other Computer Design Tools (BRCM, Microstation, AutoCAD and Revit) will be considered an asset
Why join us?
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally