The DPD (Digital Project Delivery) Implementation Specialists assists the project functional team in set-up of the iPas (Hatch’s Integrated Project Delivery Tool Set) suit of tools and supports the project based on the approved workflows in achieving the digital outcomes expected by Hatch and the project. They are responsible for the deployment and set-up of the document management platform and the engineering software tools including the integration of project systems ensuring project data quality and consistency. They provide leadership and resolution on technical and configuration issues. They are responsible for assuring alignment; among project stakeholders, of the project data, workflows, and configurations. The DPD Implementation Specialist role provides functional user coaching, documentation of project configurations, and overall implementation of project deployed engineering software tools.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Initiate and deploy Delivery hub platform including DocShare (Document management interface) and occasional user training.
- Initiate and deploy ProjectWise (Bentley’s drawings and models repository) including project customization of workspaces (configuration) for different CAD software on projects.
- Deploy and maintain Asset XD (Bentley’s model visualization tool) on projects including occasional training.
- Configuration setup for Siemens’ Comos for each project based on client or Hatch requirements.
- Investigates and, resolves issues identified by project users, engaging additional specialists where needed.
- Analyses project functional requirements, at project commencement, to define technical configuration changes required to the system to achieve the project’s goals.
- Plans and conducts training of other support staff, discipline SMEs, and users.
- Understands how DPD supports and improves business processes and conveys this to users
- Mentors and coaches DPD Discipline Subject Matter Experts from functional perspective
- Improve processes performed incorrectly (business / front-end processes)
- Provides input into the development of a strategy for DPD enhancement in alignment with the business needs and overall PDG systems strategy
- Supports continuous improvement in the DPD tool itself, its application on projects and in the DPD team processes
- Collaborates with QA team members to develop and run test scenarios and test cases.
- Performs functional acceptance testing of bug fixes, minor enhancements and major enhancements and co-ordinates user acceptance testing.
- Assists with knowledge capture and with the maintenance and update of user, marketing and training materials, manuals and tutorials
Qualifications and Experience
- 2+ years of experience in Information Technology or CAD support
- Ability to work with and coach individuals to attain quality, cost and schedule objectives with the utilization of systems
- Experience working on projects in a multi-disciplinary engineering environment
- Good understanding of systems integration
- Good knowledge of Bentley software and configuration
- Good knowledge of Siemens’ Comos.
- Information Technology and general computer systems.
- Data integration, validation and verification Knowledge
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Programming Experience: .NET, VB, Scripts for MS macros
- Knowledge of Windows & Basic Networking + SharePoint software
- Knowledge of Databases and Data Structures
- Knowledge of BIM principles, automation and data modeling
- A recognized degree in Computer Science from an accredited College or University
- Bilingual: French and English