Hatch Energy group partners with clients to provide comprehensive plans that incorporate all aspects of their projects. Our energy expertise in the oil and gas sector comprises the entire value chain—upstream, midstream, and downstream; and in the power sector includes thermal, nuclear, waterpower, renewable, hybrid, transmission and distribution, and grid modernization. Join our team today and help make a difference!
Title: Electrical (Power Systems) EIT
The Hatch Energy group is seeking an Engineer with interest in Power Systems to work in eGRID. Reporting to the Global Lead – HVDC&FACTs you will support projects globally working from the Winnipeg office.
What Will a Career at Hatch Offer You:
- Be given opportunities to contribute to complex projects around the world in meaningful ways
- Work on problems and gain experience in the office and on project sites
- Expand your expertise technical and a business skills
- Collaborate with diverse teams locally and globally
- Work in an exciting environment where you can apply your academic learning on a daily basis
- Gain relevant experience and support in obtaining your professional designation
- Benefit from formal and informal mentorship from some of the leading minds and authorities in the industry
- Participate in local Professional Development Programs, Sustainability Week, Toastmasters, and more to develop your skills
- Join in charitable, social, and sports activities with other Hatch employees
We’re entrepreneurs with a technical soul. Our flat organizational structure creates an atmosphere of openness and participation. We build practical solutions that are safe, innovative, and sustainable. Our ultimate goal is to achieve no harm for our people, our clients, and our communities.
- Work on a variety of generation and transmission types including renewables and HVDC&FACTs
- Perform electrical studies including power flow, short circuit, protection coordination, transient and dynamic, and others using electrical design software such as RTDS, PSCAD, PSSE, PSLF, etc.
- Assist in the development of Technical Specifications for our projects.
- Support the design of various power generation and transmission systems
- Prepare presentations and reports
- Write technical papers and present at conferences to demonstrate expertise in the field and engage clients
- Support the Business Unit in business development including fostering relationships with existing clients, preparing proposals for new work, identifying market areas and pitching clients
- Work collaboratively in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary team environment
- Conduct site visits, field assessments and client engagement meetings
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 3-5 years experience with an Electrical Engineering or related degree with interest in power systems
- Excel academically while being actively involved in extra-curricular and/or volunteer activities at school or in the community
- Preferred academic courses: Electrical Distribution Systems; High Voltage Engineering; Power System Analysis, Operations, and Markets; Design & Applications of Power Electronic Converters.
- Technical experience with HVDC and FACTS, generators, transmission lines, or related.
- Academic or work experience with PSCAD, RTDS, PSSE, PSLF, EMTP, Easy Power, or related software programs
- Experience with Python would be preferred
- Willingness and ability to travel to project sites including remote sites
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point, and experience in Visual Basic would be preferred
Competencies (knowledge, skill, attributes):
- Good understanding of engineering and business fundamentals as they apply to engineering problems and projects
- Ability to learn quickly and to take on new challenges
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Shows critical and creative thinking and problem solving, and brings forward solutions for our clients' toughest challenges
- Adapts and embraces change
For more information on our graduate recruiting process visit hatch.com/students.