Bilingual Imperative (English / French)
- Reading comprehension: Superior level (C)
- Written expression: Intermediate level (B)
- Oral interaction: Superior level (C)
This selection process is restricted to internal House of Commons Administration employees. The House of Commons Finance Services is currently looking to staff the Team Lead, Inventory and Operations position.
Our Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility:
As a key component of its strategic plan, the House of Commons is set on being a leader in inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility. As such, we design and continuously evolve our practices to ensure that everyone can fully and equitably participate to the upmost of their abilities. We value that everyone has a contribution to make and has the potential for individual growth. We are One House that leverages diversity in all its forms.
About the Role:
The House of Commons Finance Services is currently looking to staff the Team Lead, Inventory and Operations position. In this position, you are accountable for planning and the delivery of materiel management services that serve all Members of Parliament, House Officers and the House Administration. You are responsible for the supervision of the Corporate Inventory Officers and you will respond to any escalation cases that are brought to you by them. You will have to liaise with various corporate partners to research on House of Commons policies, precedents, and procedures. You are also responsible for delivering consultative and advisory services to Members, and for ensuring that all House policies and guidelines are respected in delivering services.
Position location: Ottawa, Ontario
Top Reasons to Join Material Management:
This is an opportunity to work with a dynamic team on a strategic and operational levels to deal with various challenging requests on a day-to-day basis. This opportunity allows you to work in a multidisciplinary team across the House administration, in a collaborative environment. You will work directly with Members of Parliament, their staff, House administration executive and external stakeholders. The team lead and inventory operation position provides operational leadership to centralized inventory asset management over all HoC material assets.
Hybrid work environment:
Over the last couple of years, our organization has developed the ability to successfully adapt to new ways of working while continuing to deliver valuable services to Members of Parliament, their employees, and the House of Commons Administration. As a result, we will continue to foster autonomy by establishing a flexible hybrid approach where possible. Leaders across the organization are working with their teams to determine the appropriate balance of on-site versus remote work for their roles that will result in a positive outcome for both the organization and its people.
- Post-secondary degree in Administration or Commerce OR an acceptable combination of education, experience and training, supplemented by formal training and certification in the field of professional market/supply chain management.
- Experience in directing and managing materiel management operations;
- Experience in managing operations and services in a public sector environment;
- Experience in the conduct of comprehensive analyses, risk assessments and investigations of materiel management issues, and the formulation of recommendations on issue management;
- Experience in the development of operational and project plans, as well as business cases supporting service delivery, process improvements and the use of technology in supporting client services;
- Experience in providing advice to senior level clients;
- Experience in managing staff, financial and materiel resources.
- Certification such as an APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society) Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) designation, a Government of Canada Certificate in Procurement, Materiel and Contract Management and Real Property.
- Candidates will be evaluated against House of Commons Administration Competency Framework – Operations-Focused Leaders.
- Staff the position of Team Lead, Inventory and Operations on a determinate basis (temporary). Create a pool of potential candidates that may be considered to staff future vacancies for this position or for other similar and/or related positions on an indeterminate and/or determinate basis. Consideration may be given to candidates with other linguistic profiles.
- Effective June 20, 2022, the requirement for all individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to gain entry to the Parliamentary Precinct is being suspended. Please note, however, that the House of Commons reserves the right to reinstate the same or similar requirements at any time without further notice.
- Other preventative measures will continue to be taken to ensure health and safety during the recruitment process in response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic until further notice.
- A variety of assessment tools may be used to assess candidates. Assessments and interviews may be held in-person or virtually and the use of technology may be required. For any questions regarding use of technology, please contact email@example.com.
- Position location: Ottawa, Ontario
- Selected candidates who do not have valid second language evaluation (SLE) results will be assessed. Bilingual non-imperative appointments could also be considered.
- Please note that only applications submitted through our Career Portal will be accepted. Applications must be submitted no later than 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Daylights Saving Time) on August 28, 2022.
- Please note that candidates will be selected for further evaluations and assessments based on their submitted application (including but not limited to: resumé, cover letter, survey responses, education, etc.) and the ability to demonstrate how they meet the prerequisites and assets within the poster.
- Please save a copy of the notice of job opportunity as well as all related documents. Once the closing date has passed, these documents will no longer be available.
- If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact Recruitment and Selection at firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date and time of the recruitment and selection process. We will respond to enquiries within 24 hours (excluding statutory holidays and weekends).
- Relocation and travel expenses incurred during the recruitment and selection process are the applicant's responsibility.