Reporting to the Senior Director, Investments, you will help execute investment strategies in accordance with Ivanhoé Cambridge’s investment budget, as specified in the annual business plan and/or strategic plan. You will play an active role in developing the business and strategic plans and in the investment activities for the Canadian market.
You will contribute to sourcing and analyzing investment opportunities and to due diligence activities, working closely with internal and external stakeholders. You will also help set up strategic partnerships for major projects, including acquisitions of companies and real estate portfolios.
Your duties will include the following:
- Assist the Senior Directors, Investments, in analyzing real estate deals;
- Prepare preliminary analysis for investment projects, including financial analysis; evaluate project strengths and weaknesses and report on them to the Senior Directors;
- Participate in the execution of financial and real estate analysis, due diligence activities and the preparation of documents to be distributed to various committees for decision-making purposes;
- Monitor target markets and maintain a network of industry contacts (appraisers, brokers, managers, etc.) to ensure access to the latest information in order to accurately assess markets and investment projects;
- Help coordinate interactions with the teams tasked with portfolio management, development, finance, taxation, legal affairs and risk management;
- Monitor transactions carried out in conjunction with the asset management team;
- Produce market and product analyses specific to designated markets;
- Conduct various preliminary analyses and make recommendations regarding proposed investments and dispositions;
- Prepare documents containing a summary of the relevant information for investment proposals under review as submitted to Ivanhoé Cambridge’s Investment Committee and/or Board of Directors for approval;
- Draft various project monitoring reports and documentation used to approve deals;
- Take part in the due diligence process by centralizing documentation and coordinating various internal stakeholders;
- Coordinate with external stakeholders (partners, brokers, asset managers, etc.) and internal stakeholders (portfolio management, taxation, legal affairs, asset management, risk management, leasing and development teams) to gather and/or provide investment-related information in line with transaction deadlines and budgets;
- Establish analysis data in conjunction with the professionals in charge of market studies and other internal departments or directly with market stakeholders;
- Contribute to developing market strategies, business plans and strategic investment plans; prepare the corresponding documentation and present the results to various committees;
- Ensure the orderly maintenance of due diligence records and retain analyses used to support recommendations.
The know-how of success !
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, real estate or accounting; master’s degree an asset;
- C.App., CPA, CFA or the equivalent, an asset;
- One to three years of relevant experience;
- Proven financial modelling skills, a must;
- Keen interest in the real estate investment field;
- Strong financial analysis skills;
- Ability to liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders;
- Proactive, forward-thinking and results-oriented;
- High-level proficiency in Argus, Word and Excel;
- Available to travel for work;
- Available to work flexible hours;
- Ability to work under pressure within tight deadlines;
- Excellent written and spoken French and English, with strong business writing skills;
- Ability to distill information effectively; strong attention to detail; disciplined approach to executing tasks;
- Dynamic, outgoing self-starter who thrives in a team environment.