Hatch is seeking a highly motivated IROC User Experience Lead to join its Integrated and Remote Operations Solution Area Team in the Digital Practice.
Join our diverse team and award-winning culture and be part of our clients’ digital transformation journey. This journey will lead to better outcomes for our clients, people and the planet through innovative decision-making support, autonomous execution, integrated operations and innovative new technology-based solutions.
This role will be responsible developing offerings that leverage available technologies and the design of IROC facilities to improve the overall working environment for people in IROCs. It will seek to improve the way people interact with technology and with each other, to enhance the productivity, comfort, safety, and effectiveness of individuals and the collective IROC team. This role will drive thought leadership on the “IROC of the future” from the human perspective. The leader of this vertical will work closely with the Engineering team to develop offerings that bring together technology and facilities design. This role will also assist and coach others in the sales and the delivery of these offerings as required.
Hatch is all about innovation. We challenge our clients with innovative ideas that help them take their business to higher levels. We challenge our employees to act as entrepreneurs in a flat, connected organization to solve our clients’ problems.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Identify market opportunities to improve and transform the user experience in IROCs, that increase productivity and improve safety
- Develop offerings (combining internally developed digital products, 3rd party solutions and/or Hatch services) to address these opportunities
- Support Business Development in all the regions globally, for opportunities related to any IROC offerings
- Be an “IROC guru” on client engagements, bringing your deep understanding of the domain to successfully guide our clients and delivery team members through the complexities of delivering IROC projects
- Provide thought leadership and domain expertise – Drive forward industry thinking in terms of leading practice in the IROC domain and impart your knowledge throughout Hatch
- Build a strong working relationship with Hatch’s engineering and facilities architecture teams, to co-develop and deliver offerings that combine the virtual and physical domains seamlessly
- Understand and articulate the business value that the offerings can deliver to our clients
You bring to the role:
- 8+ years and excellent track record of designing innovative digitally enabled workspaces
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, training or work experience
- Experience in designing multimodal user experience (across technology and the physical environment) for 24 x 7 work environments
- Experience in mock-ups and visual design
- Familiarity with trends related to Augmented Reality / Virtual Reality, collaboration tools, display technologies, gamification, metaverse
- Experience working with facilities architects and building engineers
- Working knowledge of visualization standards such as ASM (Abnormal Situation Management)
- The ability to positively influence by possessing the skills and leadership competencies necessary to facilitate team building, client relations, negotiation, decision making and creative problem solving
- A willingness to explore industry trends in technology and design with the entire IROC team
- A strong portfolio of design projects
- The ability to undertake potentially frequent international travel to client/project sites
- An innovative and results oriented mindset, with the ability to thrive in a challenging and fast-paced work environment
- Superior communication skills with the ability to interact professionally and considerately with client(s), gaining co-operation and respect
- Proven ability to present concepts, ideas, and insights to the project team and clients
- Comfortability with working in a rapidly changing environment and the ability to embrace an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong facilitation skills and techniques to support requirements gathering, and prioritization
- The ability to solve complex functional/process issues which cross organizational boundaries; ability to liaise and negotiate
Working knowledge in the following areas consider an asset but not required:
- Relevant Industry experience in mining and minerals, energy and infrastructure.
- Prior experience in supporting or leading sales positioning and marketing activities