We are actively looking to hire intermediate and senior level project engineer to join our Water/Wastewater Linear infrastructure team in Oakville and/or Markham, Ontario. In this role, you will work on a variety of challenging municipal linear (Water/Wastewater) infrastructure projects including feasibility studies, preliminary and detail design, and construction administration of watermains, storm/sanitary sewers, water distribution and wastewater collection systems, Intake and Outfalls and pumping facilities.
Hatch is currently looking for an initiative-taking Intermediate Linear Infrastructure Water/Wastewater Engineer to join the Water Business Unit in the Mississauga or Markham, Ontario location.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Work with project managers to conduct various tasks associated with various Linear municipal water and Sewer projects;
- Responsible for municipal linear infrastructure (Water/wastewater) design assignments from conception through to completion;
- Responsible for preparing proposals, conducting feasibility studies, preparing preliminary and detailed design including drawings and specifications of municipal infrastructure projects including storm and sanitary sewer, water mains, pump stations and roads, and other related works;
- Experience working in MicroStation, Civil 3D, and MS Project;
- Administrating construction contracts and field work including site inspection of a variety of municipal infrastructure projects;
- Liaise with other engineering disciplines, and staff responsible for design coordination;
- Help the senior municipal engineer, and project managers on other duties as assigned and leading and mentoring junior staff;
- Managing multiple tasks in a multi-disciplinary team environment;
- Meet client quality, schedule, and budget expectations;
- Developing and keeping positive & sustainable client relationships.
You bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university;
- Registered as Professional Engineer with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO);
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in the consulting engineering firm, design of linear infrastructure projects (sewers, watermains, forcemains and related infrastructure);
- Positive attitude, dependable, with the ability to work on your own as well as part of a team to meet deadlines;
- Technical skills for the design of large diameter water mains and storm/sanitary sewers;
- Knowledge of utility requirements, approval process and permitting;
- Demonstrated analytical (data collection, compilation, and analysis) and reporting skills;
- Familiarity with environmental assessment process is a strong asset;
- Effective communication, written and verbal skills.