Hatch is currently seeking a Power System Planning & Studies Manager to join our Power Delivery and Integration (PD&I) business, reporting to the Senior Director, Power Systems Studies & HVDC. This role provides an opportunity for professional growth within the System Performance and Planning department by engaging in business development and marketing, team building, working on systems analysis investigations and planning/feasibility studies for clients in North America and around the world.
With the global energy transition is upon us. As we shift to a low carbon world, meeting the growing demand for energy will require revolutionary thinking and a variety of resources. While the market is challenging, these challenges present the biggest opportunities and – catalysts for change. Join our team today and help make a difference!
In this role you will:
- Work closely with the HVdc/FACTS department of PD&I on HVdc and FACTS studies, as well our management consulting group for development of power sector master plans.
- Be required to work within focused study teams and multi-disciplinary teams involved in integrated power system plans, transmission and distribution system plans, pre-feasibility/feasibility/system impact assessment and system performance studies for both AC and DC project developments and generation/load connections.
- Coordinate all planning activities and to maintain project schedules and ensure successful project completion. In addition, client engagement, business development and proposal management are essential elements of the role.
- Execute and/or lead systems analysis activities including load-flow, short-circuit, transient stability, electromagnetic transient and small-signal stability analysis.
- Perform or coordinate systems analysis activities including load-flow, short-circuit, transient stability, electromagnetic transient and small-signal stability analysis.
- Preparation of functional specifications for facility requirements related to different system development portfolios, for purposes of developing preliminary designs and obtaining estimates for the associated facilities.
- Preparing comprehensive reports on the conduct of the studies, the study results and appropriate conclusions and recommendations.
- Business development to generate leads, secure MSA, prepare proposals, and deliver presentations to clients.
- Occasional travel to site location for customer meetings domestic or international
- Electrical Engineering Degree. Preference will be given to candidates with Masters or PhD degrees in Power System Planning.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in power system analysis and planning.
- P.Eng. or demonstrated eligibility for registration.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the PSS®E software package, including all modules for load-flow, short-circuit and transient stability analysis, and including intimate understanding of batch programming using PYTHON.
- Knowledge of alternative planning software applications, including DSA Tools, PSLF or DigSilent, is optional but desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge with EMTP software, such as PSCAD, and experience in supervising both AC and DC system studies.
- Knowledge NERC/FERC policies, guidelines, regulations, requirements and criteria as applicable to network performance and planning, especially to bulk power systems.