Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated CAD Support Specialist to join the Digital Project Delivery (DPD) group in Mississauga.
Digital solutions have become a key component of the strategic direction and vision of today’s modern organizations. Join our diverse team and award-winning culture and be part of our clients’ digital transformation journey by working to define the best methods and making sure they are supported by the right technology and an enabled workforce. This journey will lead to improve project outcomes, being able to leverage the digital twin, systems integration and interoperability, support for decision-making, autonomous execution, and integrated operations and performance centers.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Investigate and resolve issues identified by project users, engaging additional specialists where needed
- Use the project’s functional requirements to define technical requirements; understanding where the project will need to take the system to achieve it’s goals
- Analyze project functional requirements, at project commencement, to define technical configuration changes required to the system to achieve the project’s goals
- Assist with setup (iPas install, project hardware and software setup setup), use of standards, customization, etc.
- Plan and conduct training of other support staff, discipline SMEs, and users
- Understand how iPas supports and improves business processes and conveys this to users
- Mentor and coach iPas Discipline Subject Matter Experts from functional perspective
- Correct processes performed incorrectly (business / front-end processes)
- Manage the technical issues and help users with advanced iPas use to avoid these and with other time-saving tricks
- Collaborate with development to design and generate custom reports, by understanding the needs, priorities, alternatives necessary to support the project’s objectives.
- Collect and understand requests for minor changes and major enhancements to the system, points out alternatives where possible
- Pro-actively engage the projects to discuss iPas issues
- Prioritize bugs and enhancements in conjunction with other functional support personnel and Global Discipline representatives.
- Provide input into the development of a strategy for iPas enhancement in alignment with the business needs and overall PDG systems strategy
- Manage expectations and perceptions, communicate plans to users in conjunction with other functional support personnel
- Provide progress updates to the users on their requests as well as new developments
You bring to the role:
- 2+ years of experience in Information Technology and CAD support
- The ability to work with and coach individuals to attain quality, cost and schedule objectives with the utilization of systems (Hatch iPas and mainly iPasDT tools)
- Experience working on projects in a multi-disciplinary engineering environment
- Strong deliverable and standardization focus
- Good understanding of systems integration
- Good knowledge of SQL Server and creating SQL queries.
- Information Technology and general computer systems.
- Data integration, validation and verification Knowledge
- Well-developed communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Engineering Database Administrator experience with SQL Server, MS Access
- CAD Experience: MicroStation, AutoCAD
- Programming Experience: .NET, VB, C, FORTRAN, and Visual Script for MS macros
- Knowledge of Windows & Basic Networking
- Knowledge of Databases and Data Structures
- Knowledge of BIM principles, automation and data modeling
The following is considered an asset but not required:
- A recognized degree in Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited College or University
- CAD Experience: Bentley OpenPlant suite, Autodesk suite, Aveva suite, or Hexagon SmartPlant suite of tools.