While working under the supervision of an experienced mentor you will perform various duties such as required by your select area of employment following all Imperial Safety, Security, Health & Environmental (SSHE) policies.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent is mandatory
- Depending on the position, commitment to obtaining a 4th Class or 3rd Class Power Engineering Certificate, Millwright Journeyman Ticket, or an Instrumentation/Electrical Ticket
- For the Business Services position, CAPPA Certificate or Business/Office Administration certificate.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and safe driving record are required
- To be considered, you must attach a proof of membership letter from your association/settlement/band office to your application. This information will be used for the purpose of identifying your eligibility for the program. Please do not attach a copy of your membership card. Proof of membership must come from one of the following communities:
- Beaver Lake Cree Nation
- Cold Lake First Nations
- Frog Lake First Nation
- Heart Lake First Nation
- Kehewin Cree Nation
- Onion Lake First Nation
- Saddle Lake Cree Nation
- Whitefish/Goodfish Lake First Nation
- Buffalo Lake Métis Settlement
- Elizabeth Métis Settlement
- Fishing Lake Métis Settlement
- Kikino Métis Settlement
- Métis Nation of Alberta – Region 2
- Métis Nation of Alberta – Region 1* (*Born in, or resident of, Lac La Biche only)
- Work schedule: full time position
Work term: Up to a one year paid internship with possibility of a one year extension. Upon successful completion of the program and if openings are present in the business a possibility for offer of full-time employment.
Start date: Q4 2022
Location: Cold Lake, AB
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation and working with communities and our Indigenous neighbours to meet rising energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner.
- Commitment to safety, ethics and continuous improvement
- The opportunity to work alongside a team of experienced employees in a learning environment where you can utilize your current skills and develop new ones
- A company that values and celebrates diversity and inclusion, which includes employee-led networks such as the Women in Wage Network and Imperial Indigenous Network
- Mentorship from the business line colleague for day-to-day work activities and an Indigenous network “buddy”
- Transportation to and from the work site is provided to those within 80 km from the Cold Lake operations. If you reside further than 80 km away, you are required to make arrangements for a pick-up point within the 80 km.
- Please include the following information in your resume as part of your online application:
- Your six key skills/talents
- Any notable achievements or awards you have received
- Tell us about any particular hobbies/interests you may have outside of work and/or school
- Any volunteer experience you may have including organization name, location, position, start date, end date
- Any academic or community references including name, relationship to you, phone number and email address
- For applicants given an offer, pre-employment background screening will be required. This will require you to provide copies of your valid driver’s license, 5-year most recent driver’s abstract (dated within the last 6 months) and high school diploma or GED.