Imperial Oil is currently looking for Senior Tailings Engineers in support of the Kearl Asset. They will be responsible for high standard of technical deliverables and recommendations in various functions in the organization, including oversight, inclusion and mentoring of junior engineers. Their accountabilities also include continuous improvement of current work practices and ensuring alignment across functions through appropriate change management and communication processes
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Mining Engineering or Geological Engineering.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Tailings Planning is required
- Surface mine experience required including but not limited to modeling and design, material balances and scheduling, performance evaluation and data analytics, tailings operations support and execution planning, closure and tailings management
- Previous field experience in active mine operations preferred
- Must demonstrate safety leadership
- Must demonstrate a passion and the ability to lead, train and mentor others
- Must demonstrate the ability work in multidiscipline teams crossing various functions
- Must be able to communicate effectively, interact and influence without authority through all levels of an organization including technical functions, operational personnel and contractors
- Strong organizational skills, practical problem-solving skills and continuous improvement through critical thinking
- Work to be primarily at head office (Calgary) with travel to mine site as required
- Self-motivated and able to function at a high performing level with minimal oversight in both office environment and active mining environments
- Ability to use or learn AutoCAD, Deswik, Surpac,Muk3D or other planning software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
Start date: November 2022
Location: Calgary, Alberta (Occasional travel to Kearl Site)
- A company committed to career growth - we recruit those who are interested in a career with Imperial and prefer to develop and promote people from within. Our career management process means that you will likely perform a number of unique, challenging roles during your career.
- Successful networking and mentoring programs - enables you to spend time with managers from across the organization to learn about other departments and opportunities. Also allows you to connect with peers at a similar experience level.
- Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement - these standards are the reason Imperial is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety and ethics ideals and continues to seek out ways to improve.
- Exceptional benefits program - includes competitive savings, retirement, and healthcare plans that you can customize to meet your individual needs. A comprehensive relocation package is provided, if required. Educational and physical fitness financial assistance programs round out our benefits package.
- Continuous learning environment - encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities.
- If you are talented, driven, and want to make meaningful contributions that really impact environmental, safety and bottom line objectives, then you owe it to yourself to apply with Imperial.
- Competitive vacation and earned days off (EDO) package - provides you with three weeks of vacation as applicable (the first year is pro-rated based on your hiring date). In addition, under our EDO program, employees take off one scheduled Friday per month and up to two floating EDO days (depending on work location and start date during the year) annually for use at your discretion with approval.
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial invests in new technology to responsibly meet today’s energy challenges, reducing our environmental footprint and remaining committed to high safety standards and working with communities and our Indigenous neighbours. Our Kearl oil sands operation north of Fort McMurray, Alberta, represents the next generation of oil sands mining, and is positioned to provide exciting career opportunities well into the future.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
All applicants who receive an offer of employment must be eligible to work in Canada on a regular full-time basis without restrictions on their start date. Proof of eligibility shall be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence, Canadian open work permit or receipt from Immigration Canada of an application for a post-graduate work permit . Proof of eligibility must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility will be required if an offer of employment is made. Failure to provide proof of eligibility at least six (6) weeks prior to the start date may result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Application deadline: September 15, 2022