We have an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Project Manager to oversee and facilitate the execution of all maintenance repairs for buildings and petroleum systems within an assigned region. Under the direction of the Retail Facilities Manager, this role is primarily responsible for managing projects of various sizes through the entire project cycle, involving individual or multiple locations. They will be the primary advisor to the network of Independent Dealers on construction and branding while managing all maintenance capital and expense projects assigned to them. With attention to detail, this individual will make certain all facilities are operational and follow regulatory agencies while ensuring that processes, codes and standards are adhered to.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, bonus, and pension plan
- Flexible benefits, including a Health Spending Account
- Hybrid Work Opportunity – flexible work model that supports a blend of in-office and remote
- Wellness support, including annual wellness allowance and paid personal care days
- Paid vacation and vacation purchasing
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for six consecutive years
Your roles and responsibilities:
- Comply with department processes and protocol for surveying, defining scope, estimating, submitting for approval and executing projects.
- Diligent record keeping of all aspects of project to protect the organization from risk.
- Use proven project management skills to oversee multiple projects.
- Bring forward creative, cost-effective solutions to implement Irving brand at independent locations, while ensuring compliance to standards.
- Hands on ability to work at construction sites, to inspect workmanship and develop on-site solutions.
- Receive, evaluate & dispatch maintenance service requests through approved vendors and benchmark their performance.
- Communicate diplomatically and follow-up with vendors and stakeholders until issues are resolved.
- Coordination of all third-party service providers to ensure safety requirements are in place.
- Accurate and timely documentation of service calls and company assets.
- Coordinate site closures/decommissioning and removal of underground petroleum equipment.
- Identify areas of improvement in maintenance process and upon approval from Retail Facilities Manager.
- Implement changes such as vendor contracts, preventive maintenance and inspection programs.
- Provide timely updates to the Retail Facilities Manager, while tracking and reporting monthly on spending and budgets.
- Manage major maintenance projects and renovations at existing facilities.
- Process and code purchase requisitions, purchase orders, and invoices.
- Can work both in a team environment and independently.
- Strong attention to detail
- Petroleum background preferred
- Knowledge of building maintenance requirements
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawing sets
- Ability to interpret and understand building codes and regulations
- Must have ability to analyze problems and provide solutions.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize and work independently under minimal supervision.
- Extensive travel and work in the field is required approximately 50% of time.
Education and experience
- Post-secondary education, preference given to those in engineering, construction management, or related field
- Facilities Maintenance Industry training
- Minimum 3 years Facilities Maintenance experience required
Irving Oil supports a diverse and inclusive work environment and welcomes applications from all qualified applicants.