As a Day Production Planner, you will be an integral part of our Production Planning team supporting the Refining & Supply Operations. A Day Planner is responsible for creating a Blending Plan that is consistent with the refinery monthly operating target for the production of refinery products. The day planner monitors the plan on a daily basis, making the proper changes that coincide with the demands of the market and the capabilities of the refinery to ensure we are producing the most valuable selection products. Good understanding of refinery operations & refinery economics are key to this role.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, bonus, and pension plan
- Flexible benefits, including a Health Spending Account
- Wellness support, including annual wellness allowance and paid personal care days
- Paid vacation and vacation purchasing
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for six consecutive years
Your roles and responsibilities:
- Creating plans for the day-to-day scheduling and execution of refinery production for specific products.
- Understanding of product specifications focusing on quality, refinery capability, recipes, seasonal factors, and other opportunities.
- Continuously look for opportunities to maximize value across the entire supply chain by working closely with the Cargo Value Centre, LP Team, Terminal Value Centre, Refinery Operations, Supply and Trading Teams, and Refinery Technical Teams.
- Responsible for creating a Blending Plan that is consistent with the refinery monthly operating target for the production of refinery products. To ensure we are producing a valued selection of products, you will monitor the plan on a daily basis and make appropriate changes that coincide with the demands of the market and the capabilities of the refinery.
- Create 14 – 15 days plans for specific refinery products, e.g. gasoline, distillate, etc. using scheduling software.
- Optimize blending to minimize quality giveaway.
- Track and report on blending KPI’s as requested.
- Actively participate in the development of the Four-Month Production Plan.
- Create clear, short term blend plans of 1 to 4 days for the Shift Production Planners to carry out.
- Actively participate in team meetings and discussions: daily, weekly, monthly.
- Assist more experienced Planners with complex tasks; act as an apprentice.
- Support and optimize refinery maintenance outages.
- Troubleshoot issues and focus on resolving problems with Operations and Supply and Trading teams.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with cross-functional teams in a professional manner.
- Manage refinery inventory to meet month, quarter and year-end targets.
- Support and monitor product specification updates and regulatory compliance.
- Ability to be in an on-call rotation for after hours support.
- Very strong attention to detail.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Basic understanding of refinery operations, refinery economics, and the Irving Oil Supply Chain.
- Understand production specifications and qualities.
- Able to make decisions but know when to ask for help as required.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment that has multiple demands.
- Ability to change priorities quickly.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Travel is not a requirement for this position.
Education and experience
- Understands product specifications and qualities.
- 5+ years of experience in refinery operations such as lab, engineering, trading, etc.
- Good computer and analytical skills.
- Irving Oil supports a diverse and inclusive work environment and welcomes applications from all qualified applicants