We have an exciting opportunity for a safety focused individual looking to provide a meaningful and essential service to our Irving Energy customers. The Fuel Delivery Truck Driver works with our Dispatch team to deliver product safely to our residential and commercial customers. While adhering to all DOT regulations and procedures, this safety focused individual will plan daily routes, load the fuel truck and complete pre and post trip inspections. Other duties are required including completion of daily shift reports and any other required paperwork.
What we offer:
- Sign-On Bonus plus an Early Sign-On Bonus!
- $1000 Driver Referral Program
- Competitive salary, bonus, and pension plan
- Flexible benefits, including a Health Spending Account
- Wellness support, including annual wellness allowance and paid personal care days
- Paid vacation and vacation purchasing
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for six consecutive years
Your roles and responsibilities:
- Driving delivery truck safely, adhering to all DOT regulations and procedures.
- Working with our Dispatch Team in delivering product to residential and commercial customers.
- Planning daily route using knowledge of geography, routes, zones, streets etc.
- Loading truck with required product while adhering to all safety policies and procedures at loading site/bulk plant.
- Completion of daily shift report and all required paperwork.
- Ability to work well with others
- Good organization and communication skills
- Raven Policies and Procedures
- Completion of pre and post trip inspections
- Previous experience with liquid loads is considered an asset
- Basic mathematical skills are necessary
- Attention to detail and strong customer service skills are necessary
- Strong safety focus required
- Very physical work
- Travel is not a requirement for this position.
Education and experience
- An active class 1, class 2 or class 3 driver’s license with airbrakes required
- Minimum 2 years professional driving experience required
- High school diploma or G.E.D. required
Irving Oil supports a diverse and inclusive work environment and welcomes applications from all qualified applicants.