We have an exciting opportunity for a professional with distribution or operations experience to join our team as a Distribution Manager in our Tractor Trailer Operations. The Distribution Manager will directly supervise the Lead Drivers and the Tractor Trailer Drivers. They will be responsible for the daily operations of the Trucking fleet in the assigned area of business.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, bonus, and pension plan
- Flexible benefits, including a Health Spending Account
- Hybrid Work Opportunity – flexible work model that supports a blend of in-office and remote
- Wellness support, including annual wellness allowance and paid personal care days
- Paid vacation and vacation purchasing
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for six consecutive years
Your roles and responsibilities:
- Recruit professional drivers
- Develop orientation and training
- Provide continuous coaching and feedback
- Administer performance management process
- Follow progressive discipline procedures
- Engage in employee retention and satisfaction initiatives
- Champion Irving’s mission, priorities, and values
- Adhere to established policies and procedures; recommend improvements and changes as needed
- Develop and manage drivers’ schedules including vacations, meetings, extra shifts, etc.
- Ensure all shifts are covered and drivers are executing planned loads.
- Approve Time sheets
- Provide on-call coverage
- Manage injury and incident reporting; assist with investigation and resolution.
- Promote personal and environmental safety and achieve established goals
- Encourage employee participation in wellness programs
- Business Performance
- Establish budgets
- Support key performance indicators
- Achieve maximum fleet utilization
- Maintain industry knowledge
- Encourage best in class practices
- Support external customers by addressing concerns, promptly resolving issues, and maintaining commitments
- Support internal customers by fostering relationships, collaborating with dispatch and fleet management, and advising management as appropriate
- Committed to and focused on Safety, Health, and Environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships
- High sense of accountability and urgency
- Presentation skills
- High customer service skills
- Action oriented
- Business acumen
- Analytical skills
- Attention to accuracy and detail
- Quick decision making ability
- Multitasking capability
- Computer skills
- Travel is not a requirement for this position.
Education and experience
- Post secondary education and/or equivalent distribution experience, with a customer service background.
- 2-3 years experience in distribution and/or customer service.
- Minimum 2-3 years leadership/management experience.
- Previous experience in an operational environment, manufacturing or transportation industry would be considered an asset