We are currently looking for a professional and driven Retail Operations Manager to join our team, in Quebec. The successful candidate will work from their home office, and can be located from Quebec City to Montreal, or anywhere in between.
- Establish the annual volume budget for institutions located in the assigned territory.
- Ensure the profitability of the territory assigned by the management of the financial results of each establishment.
- Meet or exceed the objectives of the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) established for the business line.
- Make sure to meet goals to exceed the criteria established at the level of the standards of excellence of operations.
- Provide day-to-day support to the retail network and Joint Venture locations.
- Prepare business plans and negotiate renewal of contracts with retailers.
- Proactively collaborate with retailers and Joint Venture representatives to develop and implement growth plans.
- Develop, execute and maintain the 5-year strategic plan and market plans in the assigned territory.
- Establish strong relationships with retailers and our Joint Venture partners.
- Support the growth plan by adding new retailers to the assigned territory.
- Work closely with the Business Development Department on the acquisition of land, existing sites and for the planning, development and construction of new facilities.
- Fully understand Irving's marketing and sales initiatives, communicate and implement programs in the assigned territory.
- Work closely with marketing and IT to ensure that our offerings are competitive in the market and meet the needs of retailers.
- Collaborate with the day-to-day credit department to manage and limit risk exposure.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of each local and regional market.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the competition and industry trends.
Education and experience
- A university degree or college diploma would be an asset.
- Excellent negotiation skills 5 to 10 years’ experience in direct sales or relationship management or operations in the energy sector.
- Good knowledge of the oil industry.
- Good knowledge of retail sector
- Experience with strategic marketing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Perfectly bilingual - French and English.
- Leadership and strong presentation skills.
- Team spirit.
- Solid track record in reaching and exceeding goals Motivated person.
- Dynamism, autonomy, initiative.
- Solid prospecting skills.
- Adaptable to change.
- Decision making in accordance with established criteria.
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills
- Travel in the field, requiring regular overnight trips within the assigned territory.
Irving Oil supports a diverse and inclusive work environment and welcomes applications from all qualified applicants.