The Dispatcher serves as a primary point of contact between our field and contact center operations. This role supports the delivery and/or service visits to our customer sites through planning, review and execution of scheduled activities. This role is responsible for coordinating and executing service requests and dispatching Drivers and Technicians within established policies and procedures. They provide quality care to our customers by taking ownership of all customer service inquiries for heating oil and propane. They are the point of contact for our customers by providing excellence through trouble-shooting and/or solving service related problems, managing the needs of customers and escalating issues as appropriate.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, bonus, and pension plan
- Flexible benefits, including a Health Spending Account
- Hybrid Work Opportunity – flexible work model that supports a blend of in-office and remote
- Wellness support, including annual wellness allowance and paid personal care days
- Paid vacation and vacation purchasing
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for six consecutive years
Your roles and responsibilities:
- Receive emergency and non-emergency calls from customers and record significant information, which is used to create work orders. Calls are dispatched based on priority.
- Partner with Loadbuilders, maintain connection with both the customer and field representative in the execution of scheduled work. The Dispatcher is responsible for executing on the schedule that the Loadbuilder creates with ongoing communication between the two roles.
- Apply knowledge and application policies and procedures effectively to determine when it is a critical process and when to apply them. Understand the Sales Processes to ensure customers are billed appropriately.
- Prioritize work and escalate emergency calls where required, rescheduling less critical work
- Deliver status updates and pertinent information as required to Operations Managers and various internal parties.
- Bring forward and implement recommendations to optimize performance and proactively resolve issues. Determining who will assist when required (e.g. two person jobs). Ensures that technicians return to calls they had previously owned.
- Take personal responsibility for following through on promises and commitments.
- Make difficult and time sensitive decisions to support business objectives.
- Maintain call center metrics (Average Handle Time, after call work, returned calls)
- Provide guidance to Customer Service Representatives and Sales Representatives regarding building codes and gas codes, details regarding the technicians' schedules, and if the company can fulfill certain types of customer requests.
- Team player that can accept shared responsibility.
- Strong communication and relationship building capabilities.
- Problem solving/decision making skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Bilingualism an asset.
- Travel is not a requirement for this position.
Education and experience
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent experience is an asset.
- 3-5 years experience in dispatch or a related field, preferably in a contact center or transportation environment.
Irving Oil supports a diverse and inclusive work environment and welcomes applications from all qualified applicants.