As a Collector with Irving Oil, you will identify and manage credit risk for commercial accounts within a specific portfolio. You will balance both inbound and outbound contacts with commercial customers and will work with them to manage repayment plans and accept and process payments. Preparing accounts for placement with third party collection, acting as a second line support for credit approvals on residential accounts, and sending daily notifications to customers as appropriate are all part of this role’s responsibilities.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, bonus, and pension plan
- Flexible benefits, including a Health Spending Account
- Hybrid Work Opportunity – flexible work model that supports a blend of in-office and remote
- Wellness support, including annual wellness allowance and paid personal care days
- Paid vacation and vacation purchasing
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for six consecutive years
Your roles & responsibilities:
- Manage customer repayment plans and accept/process payments.
- Contact customers via telephone, email, fax.
- Account Maintenance (as required).
- Act as second line support for credit approvals on residential accounts.
- Prepare accounts for placement with 3rd party collections – legal or agency.
- Identify and manage risk within collection portfolio.
- Prioritize calls based on objective criteria.
- Willingness to participate in projects and other team initiatives as required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong analytical thinking skills with continuous improvement mindset
- Financial risk management skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work towards fixed deadlines
- Very good communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to handle objections and adversity
- Effective collaborator and a team player
- Travel is not a requirement for this role
Education and experience
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance
- 3+ years of experience with collections; experience collecting on commercial accounts preferred
- Solid knowledge of MS applications: Word and Excel especially
- Sales experience an asset
- Professional credit designation such as CCP (Certified Credit Professional) an asset
- Bilingualism an asset: French and English
Irving Oil supports a diverse and inclusive work environment and welcomes applications from all qualified applicants.