- Maintain and develop direct reports ensuring employees have performance objectives, coach employees, and implement performance management feedback and execute performance reviews.
- Develop annual budget for the US Wholesale portfolio
- Actively participate in annual Business Planning process.
- Drive overall portfolio performance by developing strategies to improve gross margins, increase volumes, minimize customer attrition, and increase product penetration.
- Work collaboratively with the Sales Operations Manager to implement pricing strategies that support business line and supply chain objectives while balancing company, sales team and customer interests.
- Leverage customer lifting reports to identify customer trends and develop close the gap initiatives.
- Ensure customers are lifting within their contractual lifting terms.
- Rebalance account manager portfolios to improve sales coverage as needed.
- Understanding of the market that includes key business trends, opportunities for growth, product penetration, and threats from competitors and alternative fuels.
- Understand and adhere to the company’s risk management policies.
- Support internal and external utilization of the NAVDesk platform.
- Represent the company at association and trade show events.
- Use our Sales Management process and People Development process to effectively lead sales teams to achieve results.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to support the overall company strategy
Sales Planning and Reporting:
- Ensure all Sales Representatives are capturing sales activity and opportunities in Salesforce
- Work collaboratively with sales and operations leadership to develop annual commercial account management and support goals and targets
- Work with senior sales analyst to load annual team level objectives into the sales planning tool
- Translate the market strategy into tactical planning (e.g. monthly/weekly performance objectives, marketing support requirements, staffing needs, etc.)
- Participate in sales management meetings
- Drive execution of the account management process and achievement of targets by conducting weekly sales meetings and individual activity management reviews
- Participate in pre-call planning meetings, sales calls, negotiations, and customer relationship reviews
- Work collaboratively with sales leadership to identify, develop, and introduce sales process improvements and tools
- Strong knowledge of MS office applications, specifically advanced Excel skills
- Strong aptitude for learning new systems and software
- Problem solving and strong analytical skills. Previous sales experience
- Supply Chain knowledge an asset
- Ability to prioritize/time management skills
- Proven ability to maintain good working relationships with stakeholders including senior leaders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience dealing with multiple priorities and deadlines / proven ability to meet hard deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong People Leader skills
Education and experience:
- BS/BA in Business or Finance is required
- 10-15 years’ experience in Sales and Operations
- Previous Leadership Experience is preferred