You will be responsible for defining and refining a comprehensive technological vision for the Company’s infrastructure platforms to align infrastructure and cloud-based project architecture and ensure the quality, resilience and performance of infrastructure platforms used for financial investments.
Working with the enterprise architect, you will contribute to the architectural phases of infrastructure and cloud-based projects and oversee the architectural features required to meet the Company’s business needs, adhering to the guiding principles and overall technological vision of the Company’s infrastructure platforms. This role will require you to work closely with various integration specialists and technology partners to deliver integration plans and deploy technology solutions. You will serve as a technology leader with regard to infrastructure and cloud-based projects.
You will also be called upon to monitor developments in this field and keep tabs on the latest technologies used for infrastructure platforms.
You are a strong communicator and comfortable interacting with both clients and senior executives. You have a thorough understanding of business and technology issues and how to implement strategies to address both.
Specific duties include the following:
- Develop technological guidelines, standards and targets in line with the Company’s strategic and business objectives;
- Create strategies to better manage the development of applications and infrastructure systems and to ensure that current solutions remain viable over the long term;
- Support infrastructure platforms by identifying technologies that will make it possible to take advantage of opportunities as they arise;
- Guide the progress of feasibility studies;
- Define solution architecture and design the corresponding solutions;
- Play an active role in the delivery of integration plans;
- Lead solution implementation;
- Monitor developments in information systems and technologies;
- Advise management on the necessary corporate investments in technology;
- Participate in managing infrastructure platforms;
- Participate in developing the IT strategic plan.
The key to success!
- Undergraduate degree in information technology or equivalent;
- Ten or more years of relevant experience in the information technology field, with at least three years in infrastructure and cloud architecture;
- Experience with Azure and AWS cloud services and infrastructure solution integration (cloud-based and on-premise);
- Experience in VMWare architecture;
- Experience in infrastructure automation (cloud-based and on-premise);
- Expertise in Cisco telecommunications solutions and Microsoft 365 services, an asset;
- Expertise in data management and analytics solutions, an asset;
- Thorough understanding of industry best practices, especially regarding the Zachman and TOGAF methodologies for architecture and the ITIL and COBIT frameworks for operational standards;
- Considerable knowledge of the current laws and regulations applicable to IT;
- Familiarity with real estate management, an asset;
- Capacity to formulate a vision for the designated area of expertise; knowledge of the business sector;
- Ability to provide sound advice with regard to infrastructure platforms;
- Excellent leadership in the field and a talent for working in multidisciplinary teams;
- Ability to leverage expertise to influence others and maintain solid relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Strong written and oral communication skills with a gift for tailoring the message to the audience (e.g., clients, IT professionals);
- Self-directed, meticulous and curious, with good time management and organizational skills, along with a strong sense of integrity;
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English.