Based in London, you will work closely with the Accounting Senior Advisor (London) and the Corporate Services Accounting Senior Advisor (Montreal), as well as with the entire Corporate Services Accounting team in Montreal. You will also have the opportunity to interact with the Legal Affairs, Taxation, Cash Management and Treasury teams in Montreal and Paris, as well as the external partners responsible for producing financial information. In this capacity, you will provide your insights, advice, and comments on a variety of topics, including in the course of the following duties:
- Prepare, coordinate, and regularly update cash flow planning to ensure funds are disbursed appropriately, based on holding entities and loan agreements in place;
- Onboard new investments;
- Review and analyse financial data;
- Develop innovative tools and procedures with regard to corporate processes and analysis.
- Coordinate the timely receipt of quarterly financial figures from external partners for corporate entities in Europe;
- Analyse other financial reports issued quarterly by external and internal sources on corporate entities;
- Help ensure operational and transactional funds flow smoothly and uniformly within the European platform, working jointly with the Legal Affairs, Taxation, Cash Management and Treasury teams;
- Contribute to preparing and tracking the annual budget for the European corporate entities and business offices;
- Contribute to setting up and structuring new investments, in conjunction with the Legal Affairs, Taxation, Cash Management and Treasury teams;
- Take part in multidisciplinary work sessions related to the reorganization of holding structures in Europe;
- Regularly update accounting systems to meet European legal requirements;
- Contribute to troubleshooting during the annual audit of Ivanhoé Cambridge’s European companies;
- Review financial statements for European entities to meet statutory reporting requirements;
- Help review legal documentation in light of stewardship requirements or in response to special requests;
- Ensure the implementation of established internal controls.
The key to success !
- Graduate studies in accounting;
- Professional accounting qualification;
- Five or more years of relevant experience;
- Advanced knowledge of IFRS applicable to the U.K. and Luxembourg, an asset;
- Working knowledge of the accounting aspects of consolidation;
- Strong analytical skills and a talent for processing and interpreting complex information;
- Excellent prioritization and multitasking skills; ability to work independently and perform under pressure;
- Strong communication, teamwork and collaborative skills;
- Confidently innovative, creative and comfortable in challenging the status quo;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including in-depth knowledge of Excel; familiarity with JD Edwards, an asset;
- Strong command of written and spoken English; working knowledge of French, an asset.