You will assist the person in charge of compliance with U.S. tax laws and, in so doing, coordinate the efforts of several internal and external stakeholders. You will also help the Senior Advisor manage U.S. tax structures.
I. Tax law compliance
A - Tax returns:
- Collaborate with external consultants to ensure compliance with tax laws;
- Ensure management and adherence to U.S. tax return deadlines;
- Prepare tax packages, including the necessary financial and tax information to support the figures supplied in tax returns;
- Prepare select tax returns.
B - REIT compliance:
- Prepare tax packages to calculate quarterly ratios and other key data;
- Meet statutory and contractual deadlines for tests;
- Work in conjunction with various individuals to execute and finalize REIT tests and compliance opinions.
C - Tax reserves
- Assist the Director in preparing tax reserves for three sets of financial statements (current cost, market value and IFRS) on a semi-annual basis.
D - Tax audits
- Assist the Director in analyzing incoming contributions, proposed adjustments and tax impacts, using the appropriate documentation.
- Prepare the documentation needed to analyze tax notices.
- Conduct and document tax searches.
- Keep records supporting the tax position of U.S. corporations.
- Prepare calculations for the tax bases of assets and securities;
- Etablish tax payments and ensure that payments are made in compliance with tax laws;
- Participate in special projects with the responsible manager.
II. Tax management of corporate structures
- Assist the Director in identifying opportunities and risks;
- Assist the Director in analyzing the tax impacts of cash inflows and loans between related companies;
- Assist the Director in analyzing financial projections by examining and identifying the corresponding tax issues;
- Assist the Director in tracking legislative and other changes, documenting our initiatives and analyzing the impacts on our structures.
- Adhere to tax record filing policies;
- Assist the Director in determining U.S. compliance needs based on changes that arise throughout the year;
- Carry out any other related tasks requested by the immediate supervisor or required as part of the job.
Come make it happen!
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a similar field; professional accounting designation (CPA);
- Recognized U.S. tax course;
- Four to six years of experience, including three in U.S. taxation;
- Drive and determination to broaden skill sets;
- Team spirit and commitment to continuous quality improvement;
- Knowledge of specialized tax software;
- Proven ability to perform in a computerized environment;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French; You will be working on transactions in the United States;
- Excellent information processing and integration skills;
- Strong sense of professionalism and ethics;
- Proactive, outgoing, dynamic, organized and self-sufficient.