Under the supervision of the Manager, Architectural, you will perform a variety of manual tasks related to building upkeep and structural maintenance.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Initiate, coordinate and check the structural, architectural or general exterior work of contractors and subcontractors as requested by a supervisor; ensure compliance with industry standards and company practices;
- Attend final acceptance construction site visits with contractors and project managers for various renovation, upgrade, retrofit and fit-out projects;
- Plan meetings between the manager and clients to analyze tenants’ requests;
- Prepare quotes for clients (CDPQ, etc.) and submit for approval;
- Provide support for various construction projects;
- Meet with contractors to establish work plans;
- Coordinate and track projects from start to finish, along with invoices for various service calls, in the TGR (The Good Register) platform; prepare purchase orders and enter them into the JD Edwards system;
- Track preventive maintenance projects in TGR;
- Identify structural and architectural issues, and make any temporary and/or permanent modifications necessary;
- Assist the technical team with repairs, such as installing partition walls and drywall, repairing doors and locks, relocating machinery, working on drop ceilings, framing and reframing doorways, painting walls, and laying flooring and roofing;
- Work collaboratively with other tradespeople;
- Coordinate and oversee projects initiated by the Manager, Architectural;
- Immediately report any anomalies or malfunctions to the Manager, Architectural;
- Ensure premises are safe and keep an updated inventory of materials and tools to ensure a timely response to needs as they arise;
- Set up a system to update knowledge on a continuous basis and refer to this system to improve safety and productivity;
- Demonstrate flexibility with regard to working overtime and responding to emergencies (24/7);
- Carry out all other related tasks requested by the supervisor.
Come make it happen!
- Vocational diploma (DVS) in carpentry/woodworking or general building maintenance, or technical DVS in a relevant field;
- Five to ten years of experience in a similar position;
- Ability to prepare quotes and work plans;
- Ability to read and interpret plans and specifications relevant to required tasks;
- Dynamic, self-directed and organized, with a good sense of judgment and work ethic;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Fluency in French; knowledge of English, an asset;
- Commitment to high-quality work;
- Comfortable working at heights of more than 15 metres;
- Physically fit and able to lift up to 25 kilograms;
- Discreet and conscientious;
- Polite and client-focused;
- Comfortable using modern digital tools (Microsoft Office suite and smartphone apps);
- Experience installing interior systems, an asset;
- Experience with renovations, welding and plumbing, an asset;
- Good leadership skills;
- Safety-first mindset.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.