The Risk team plays an important role within the organization. Team members are responsible for analyzing all transactions (acquisitions, dispositions, asset management, development projects) and issuing recommendations to the various business units with regard to financial and extra-financial risks. Their diligence and conscientiousness are essential in making the best business decisions in line with our strategic plan.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Risk Management, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Forge ties and build mutual trust with Ivanhoé Cambridge’s regional and global hubs;
- Identify, analyze and convey major investment-related risks and work with investment teams to mitigate these risks, in accordance with the objectives set out in the strategic plan and in compliance with established policies and procedures;
- Analyze risks for portfolio assets on an ongoing basis and identify mitigating factors, including preparing for a market downturn;
- Monitor markets and investments, and establish likely scenarios based on observed trends and potential disruptions;
- Ensure that cross-sectoral and emerging risks and financial/extra-financial risks are taken into account in the business unit’s investment strategies, as well as in the management approach for portfolio investments;
- Help prepare risk-related memorandums and analyses using the established analysis and management framework;
- Attend quick-fire sessions to identify main high-level risks associated with prospective partners (e.g., reputation, financial health);
- Contribute to various aspects of continuous improvement;
- Ensure ongoing communications with various contacts at CDPQ and other subsidiaries;
- Work with other risk specialists to develop tools and business processes required by the business unit.
An attitude beyond the skills of success
- Graduate degree in finance; CFA designation, an asset;
- Three to five years of experience in real estate investment or financing;
- Experience in managing investment risks; understanding of the risk-return relationship in real estate investment;
- In-depth knowledge of financial/quantitative analysis and modelling;
- Proficiency with Office suite tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word); familiarity with Argus software, an asset;
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills and ability to express yourself clearly and concisely in French and English; You will be working on transactions in Canada, the US and Latin America;
- Ability to negotiate and influence others;
- Ability to establish productive working relationships with people at all levels of the organization;
- Team player who likes to be part of a high-performance culture.
You’re in the right place!
Our people are the heart of our organization. Come be part of our team and enjoy the perks of a flexible schedule, remote work arrangements, and flex days in addition to annual vacation leave — all to help you balance your personal and work obligations, have time to get involved in your community and maintain a healthy lifestyle. You will also be entitled to a comprehensive array of healthcare benefits and take advantage of a myriad of opportunities to grow and learn.