This position represents an excellent opportunity to develop a deeper understanding of the ins and outs of real estate investment, working with a collaboration-minded team of talented industry professionals based in Ivanhoé Cambridge offices around the world.
The eight-person Development and Asset Management team is in charge of managing existing portfolio assets and monitoring ongoing development projects in France and across Europe. The team also works closely with various investment teams to analyze opportunities.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Asset Management, Europe, you will analyze assets and portfolios of tertiary, logistics and other assets in France and Germany, with a specific focus on the following:
- Report on operations statistics (occupancy rates, sales, leasing activities);
- Analyze cash calls and distributions;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports; review business and financial data, both qualitative and quantitative;
- Analyze financial data, including annual and quarterly financial forecasts;
- Help establish and update business plans for portfolio properties;
- Coordinate and monitor budget preparation, overseeing stakeholder feedback, both external (property managers, banks, etc.) and internal (asset managers, accounting, etc.);
- Develop a sound budget analysis on which to base the quarterly reports needed to monitor investments and make decisions;
- Import, analyze and prepare consolidated reports for budgeted expenses and asset leasing activities;
- Review and analyze monthly, quarterly and annual management reports;
- Contribute to the valuation process for real estate assets alongside the European Finance team and the Valuation team in Montreal:
- Collect all financial/property information necessary to discuss real estate values;
- Revise preliminary values by performing reliable analyses of European markets and assets;
- Discuss valuation assumptions during meetings with appraisers;
- Ensure that the final valuations delivered are correct and precise;
- Oversee financial monitoring of development projects;
- Track financing:
- Monitor daily to ensure good reporting relationships with banks;
- Produce quarterly banking reports and ensure various commitments are honoured;
- Assist with financing/refinancing projects;
- Model and assist with preliminary analyses (including financial analyses), assessing the strengths and weaknesses of acquisition, development and disposition projects;
- Develop tools for financial and decision-making analysis;
- Draft internal memos, in conjunction with asset managers, that the various committees need to validate redevelopment, disposition or acquisition projects, as needed.
Come make it happen!
- Master’s degree (Bac+5) in finance, business, real estate or accounting;
- Four to five years of real estate investment, merchant banking, audit or management control experience with a finance or real estate company;
- Working knowledge of the principles of corporate finance;
- Proficiency with computer tools (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint); knowledge of Argus-type software, an asset;
- Solid communication skills in French and English;
- Highly disciplined, with strong analytical and processing skills;
- Team-oriented, self-directed, inquisitive and driven;
- Availability to travel internationally, with regular trips to London.