The energy sector continues to transform at an unprecedented rate due to a changing policy environment, emerging technologies, operability considerations, the growing complexity of cyber threats and the changing role of consumers. IESO employees will play a vital role in driving this transformation. Building next-generation employee skills and competencies is therefore a strategic imperative as outlined in the company’s 5-year strategic roadmap. The Learning and Development Consultant will contribute directly to this strategic imperative by designing and implementing learning experiences that are innovative, engaging and impactful.
What you’ll do
- Provide learning and development guidance, advisory and consultative services to develop capability aligned to the strategy, values, and competencies.
- Provide leadership to the business and HR partners in the analysis, design, development, customization and evaluation of learning solutions/curriculum that build individual, team and organizational capability.
- Consult independently with the business to determine root cause and develop creative, out of the box learning solutions to address learning needs with short turnaround times and limited resources.
- Demonstrate an agile approach to respond to emerging learning needs. Apply an inclusive approach and engage the business to contextualize learning and enhance the learning culture at the IESO.
- Apply the 70:20:10 learning architecture for all employee learning initiatives to ensure higher effectiveness, transfer of learning on the job and higher return on investment.
- Create a positive learning experience for employees by introducing modern and highly engaging learning experiences. Identify best practices and provide recommendations for new and custom approaches to ensure continuous improvement and enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Develop learning resources to support managers in effectively reinforcing learning for their employees.
- Manage the implementation of the IESO's leadership, business and digital learning curricula.
- Demonstrate return on learning investment by continuously evaluating effectiveness based on feedback from stakeholders, transference of learning to enhance individual, team, and organizational performance.
- Support the management of program contracts with external learning partners in accordance with the IESO's procurement requirements. This includes participating in and/or leading the RFP process.
- Develop and publish dashboards for learning initiatives.
What you need to succeed
- Undergraduate degree required, preferably in Organizational Development, Human Resources or related field; graduate degree is an asset.
- 5 years of experience in learning and development at the corporate level.
- Strong knowledge of adult learning principles, assessment methodologies, and organizational development theories required through education or experience.
- Change management experience in regulated, complex, public sector, multi-stakeholder, unionized environments.
- Ability to deal with sensitive/confidential issues and data relating to HR functions which may include health and personal issues. May involve some dispute related activities, e.g. determining factual basis for grievances.
- Excellent facilitation skills, influencing skills, relationship building, business acumen and client focus.
- Organizational savvy, adaptability, flexibility, and ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to work independently and also within a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, advise and counsel managers and employees.
- Sound analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills with an ability to understand broad Human Resources issues and opportunities.
- Strong project management skills.
Nice to have
- Other certifications, licenses or designations in adult learning, coaching, facilitation or related field.
- Experience with Success Factors HRIS system.
What’s in it for you
• A comprehensive total rewards program, including best-in-class benefits and a flexible workplace
• A challenging, fast-paced and collaborative team environment, where your perspectives and experiences matter
• Leaders who support your growth and success through regular feedback and coaching
• The opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry