The Senior Analyst, Business Information & Systems will be required to:
- Perform business analysis to:
- Enhance business operations through the translation of business needs and user requirements into system requirements;
- Produce translation/business requirements documents;
- Make recommendations for improvements or new solutions that can be realised using technology or integration of existing systems;
- Support enterprise change and represent the Department’s interest in various departmental projects and organizational initiatives.
- Design processes and procedures to manage the analysis and review of all of key data from the IESO’s various electricity resource contracts.
- Perform system analysis to:
- Determine requirements for software development;
- Recommend software solutions that deliver value to internal and eternal stakeholders.
- Perform project analysis and support on:
- Internal Projects:
- Assist PMO and systems developers through the entire lifecycle of enterprise change projects, including visioning, scoping, analysis and design, requirements gathering, testing, implementation and closure;
- Identify risks, deficiencies and alternatives; and make recommendations to the Director, Managers and other internal stakeholders.
- External Projects:
- Review project schedules to identify risks and deficiencies; and make recommendations to the Director, Managers and Legal Counsel regarding Supplier schedules.
- Perform data analysis and reporting, including:
- Research, assemble and integrate data;
- Design, develop and update reports to assist Contract Management business teams; and,
- Design and develop visual analysis tools, mapping solutions and other publications for internal and external consumption.
- Perform records analysis for both electronic and hard copy records to:
- Ensure systems integration supports ongoing records management and information governance requirements; and,
- Coordinate and support records management functions within Contract Management.
- Contract Management - Effectively coordinates CM business information and systems issues by meeting and coordinating with CM team members.
- Enterprise Change and ITS - Assists and coordinates with IT on change implementation, system enhancements and release management.
- Quality Assurance - Liaise and collaborate with QA resources on test plans, test execution and improvements to testing processes/prcedures.
- Project Management - Supports PMO in project development and lifecycle activities on behalf of Contract Management.
- InfoSec - Liaise and support InfoSec in review and analysis of any information security matters as related to the Contract Management toool and database.
- Information Governance - Acts as records champion for CM, working with InfoGov to update documents, classification schemes and retention schedules as per IG requirements.
- Shares information with employees in other units, presents to heads of units, regular and ad hoc reporting.
- Contract Counterparties - Communicates with contract counterparties to assist in resolving process and systems issues and respond to general support inquiries.
- Local Distribution Companies - Communicates with external agencies/organizations (e.g., Local Distribution Companies, transmitters, etc.) to assist in resolving process and systems issues and respond to general support inquiries.
- External Systems Developers - Communicates with and responds to queries from the IT Team (including external systems developers) related to CM systems, databases and project deliverables.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business analysis, computer science and/or information managment disciplines are preferred; records management related degrees with relevant experience would also be considered.
- 6-8 years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of information management, business processes, information systems and database design.
- Understanding of business principles and processes as they relate to information technology.
- Understanding of the various generation contracts managed by the IESO, including the key contractual provisions and related requirements.
- Ability to translate business requirements to technical resources (internal and external) in support of IT system design/enhancements.
- Ability to effectively coordinate with internal and external counterparties in a challenging environment.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team setting.
- Understanding of project management and project scheduling principles with an emphasis on being a self-directed, highly motivated individual.
- Demonstrated ability to create, manage and update various forms of documentation using software such as MS Office (including Excel, Project and Visio), Adobe, JIRA, Tableau.
- Adaptability and Flexibility - ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and learn on the fly when needed.
- Commitment to Excellence - takes responsibility for assigned projects/tasks and consistent in delivering on expectations and producing results.
- Communication - organizes and presents ideas and information logically and concisely, in both verbal and written formats.
- Customer Focus - demonstrates ability to anticipate the needs of internal and external stakeholders.
- Functional/Technical Skills - demonstrated experience using technical software as required.
- Interpersonal Skills - ability to work within a team and build/maintain internal and external relationships.
- Initiative and Creativity - demonstrates a strong personal drive towards action, initiative and completion of projects/tasks.
- Problem Solving - drive to develop effective solutions while considering project and team objectives.
- Priority Setting - able to focus on the appropriate tasks when faced with competing priorities.
What’s in it for you:
- A comprehensive total rewards program, including best-in-class benefits and a flexible workplace
- A challenging, fast-paced and collaborative team environment, where your perspectives and experiences matter
- Leaders who support your growth and success through regular feedback and coaching
- The opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry