The Quality Assurance (QA) group is responsible for providing QA services for initiatives across the IESO. Initially, the QA Program will focus on providing services for projects. From project inception to closure, QA provides services to plan and execute QA activities required to verify and validate requirements have been met. The QA Program is expected to evolve to provide services for informal change initiatives and ongoing maintenance efforts. This position will support the delivery and continuous improvement of the QA Program.
What You'll Do
- Assist/contribute to the development of integrated computer based information solutions for business and operations processes for the reliable operation of the power system and for other administration needs of the IESO Administered Markets. Perform analysis of customer requirements, the recommendation of functional specifications, and the preparation of recommended information solutions (ie, impacting areas of software, hardware, communications and business processes).
- Contribute to the management and evolution of existing information systems and tools related to the market operation, supply, security and settlement services related to the management of the power system by contributing to enhancements to allow additional functionality, improved reliability/maintainability and problem correction.
- Assist/contribute to the identification of opportunities for information solutions that will allow effective and economic benefits for customers. Address the overall solution in terms of communications, data sources, software tools, integration with existing functions, user interfaces, algorithms, etc.
- Assist in the monitoring and scrutiny of assigned projects for the development and expansion of information systems and tools.
- Assist in the provision of project management support to projects or teams involved in the expansion and improvement of information systems and tools.
- Contribute to and carry out close customer relationships and be alert to identify potential improvements to existing systems and to propose new information system requirements.
- Contribute as directed to the development of strategic plans and standards.
- Contribute with peers and associates to advance their learning and facilitate their problem solving skills within their respective area of expertise.
- Perform other duties as required.
What You Need To Succeed
- Requires some knowledge encompassing the technical fields relevant to the areas of computer science, technical service delivery, project management and risk management.
- Requires some knowledge of project management and system development life cycle; theory, principles, and practices.
- Requires excellent facilitation and communications (written and oral) skills to prepare accurate, concise, and clear correspondence, procedures, guidelines, and reports.
- Education is considered to be normally acquired either through the successful completion of a four year university education in the appropriate discipline or equivalent experience related to Quality Assurance.
- Experience required includes a minimum of 3 years within the last 5 years of experience in test management including scheduling, script development & maintenance, and execution.
- Requires a strong background and some experience in the application of QA methodology and QA best practices, project management principles, and risk management.
- Requires proficiency in computer tools application skills in managing projects; such as MS Project, Excel, Access, Visio, SharePoint and Word.
- Some knowledge of software QA methodologies tools and processes.
- Experience contributing to the development and execution of test cases in multiple delivery methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, etc.).
- Ability to interact with internal management team and external clients using strong leadership and communication skills.
- Requires proven track record of working in a team environment where different opinions and perspectives have to be managed, negotiated and resolved.
- Requires multiple proven track records of taking the ownership and getting the assigned tasks/projects done.
- A period of over 4 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
- Good analytical and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Action oriented.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Deadline oriented individual.
- Proven excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrates organizational skills.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities.
- A strong personal commitment to customer needs.
- A strong commitment to corporate objectives.
- Ability to influence peers and others in the organization.