As member of the Planning, Conservation and Resource Adequacy business unit, under the general direction of the Manager, Program Delivery, the Senior Analyst role will include the administration of energy efficiency contract obligations and support Program Advisors with service provider management. The Senior Analyst will also provide operational-related support on energy efficiency program delivery, identifying opportunities for process improvements and developing change management plans.
What you'll do
- Provide guidance and mentorship to Analyst/Specialist staff
- Demonstrate by example the values of the IESO
- Take initiative by providing advice on proposed new approaches in relation to operations, that would result in gaining efficiencies or capture rate-payer value.
- Manage service provider relationships and contracts, and provide recommendation on service provider deliverables and contracts as requested.
- Create Purchase Orders for new contracts and store them in Contract Management IS
- Monitor contractual obligations, deliverables and performance as per contract terms and the milestones associated with those.
- Monitor financial tracking sheets to ensure spending, approved P.O.’s, commitments, and forecasts are all within budget and Board approval.
- Ensure that invoices and regularly scheduled payments are processed as specified by contract.
- Provide input to the weekly aging reports including variance explanation.
- Prepare summaries, databases, and organizes information as required for Conservation reporting, evaluations, audits and other functions.
- Support various divisions by participating in audits, payments and procurement activities as required.
- Apply all relevant policies to all contract management work.
- Inform and facilitate any contract management or program enhancement needs
- Good understanding of contract terms and various conservation initiatives in order to provide valuable feedback on any amendment requests or negotiation plans.
- Coordinate input from team members, including legal and procurement representatives when developing new, or making changes to existing, contracts.
- Develop and project manage Requests for Proposals, by drafting documents when requested and developing and executing an approved negotiation plan.
- Where in receipt of material issues or requests to revise contracts, recommend acceptance, rejection or escalation by developing and presenting a fully documented business case for approval
- Support Senior Management in contract negotiations with analysis of counterparty offers and proposals for purposes of extracting fair value for the rate payer
- Lead in issue management as it pertains to contracts and program participants.
- Implement a customer focused approach to contract administration that ensures terms, conditions and rules are enforced with consistency but with due consideration for fairness, reason, and the principal of offsetting positions through negotiations.
- Support the development, updating and testing information systems associated with customer focused programs, contracts, applications, payments and work flow processes.
- Ensure counterparty concerns on contract or payments are promptly addressed.
- Ensure service provider contracts reflect the needs of the IESO.
And other duties or responsibilities as may be assigned
What you need to succeed
- The minimum level of experience to perform at a satisfactory level of proficiency is 8-10 years including the period of adjustment on the job itself
- The education required to complete the responsibilities associated with the position is typically obtained through 4 years of university training
- Demonstrated strong understanding of business principles and processes as they relate to contract development and contracts
- Works well in translating business requirements
- Strong planning, organizational and financial skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with contracts, financial and information systems
- A good understanding of building and maintaining strong relationships and managing expectations.
- Knowledge of energy issues and a good understanding of an electricity utility is essential
- Familiarity working with legal documents and IT is preferred
- Attention to detail
- Self motivated, can do approach
- Tolerance for ambiguity and change
- Ability to develop and execute project management plans in accordance to applicable approvals and timelines.
What’s in it for you
- A comprehensive total rewards program, including best-in-class benefits and a flexible workplace
- A challenging, fast-paced and collaborative team environment, where your perspectives and experiences matter
- Leaders who support your growth and success through regular feedback and coaching
- The opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry