Are you someone who is comfortable working in a field environment to accurately and effectively assess the quality of process safety information (PSI). The primary focus of this role is to provide technical expertise and guidance to Internal and External stakeholders to improve accuracy of electrical process safety information at Enbridge Liquid Pipelines. Additional focus includes reviewing Project design and as-built drawing packages, and performing assessments for compliance with engineering standards. If this is you apply today and come join the Enbridge family!
What You Will Do:
- Perform Enbridge site visits to field verify critical electrical drawings (single line drawings, switching diagrams, communication drawings and wiring diagrams) and equipment to as-built existing pipeline assets for Projects and new asset acquisitions.
- Perform Electrical drawing reviews for LP Projects, Operation and Maintenance Projects.
- Review Drawing packages during 30/60/90 design, and as-built stage.
- Review Electrical drawings for consistency and compliance with Enbridge Drawing and CAD standards.
- Support LP Engineering and Projects, Major Projects, and Operations in their drawing related needs by providing direction and subject matter expertise as it pertains to Enbridge standards and specifications.
- Supports Quality Enhancement Reports (QER) related to electrical PSI drawings
- Performs field verifications to confirm as-built state of assets.
- Participates and/or leads investigations of technical issues reported on electrical assets.
- Works with field staff and Engineers to resolve issues, and understands the impact to all stakeholders.
- Create detailed, complex technical plans to expedite the improvement of electrical PSI drawings and participate in executing and acquiring the resources to execute the plan.
- Oversee the work and progress of a small team to ensure quality and timely project completion.
Who You Are:
- A technical degree or diploma in Engineering Technology or relevant field or 10+ years of equivalent work experience
- Technical knowledge of regulatory (NEB, DOT, PHMSA, CFR) and compliance requirements associated with an operating pipeline.
- Strong customer service focus and organizational skills with ability to prioritize.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and proactively with minimal supervision.
- Basic functional knowledge of drawing management systems.
- Up to 50% travel to operating locations and construction sites, as required.
- Full time office environment with extensive computer use associated with database environment.
- Support of multiple project and operational priorities requires strong prioritization and organization skills.
Enbridge Flex-Work Program
Enbridge provides competitive workplace programs that differentiate us and offer flexibility to our team members. Enbridge’s FlexWork (Hybrid Work Model) offers eligible employees the opportunity to work variable daily schedules with a flexible start and end time, to opt for a compressed workweek schedule, and the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. Role requirements determine your eligibility for each option or combination of options.