Are you a safety-focused, self-starter who enjoys autonomous work? We are looking to add a Station Technician to our exciting team!
At Enbridge, we take pride in our work by ensuring the safe and reliable delivery of natural gas and as a Station Technician, your role will be crucial in helping us to achieve that standard.
This role focuses on providing maintenance, inspection, and repair services to our various distribution systems and stations throughout your designated geographic area.
This is an independent role with the opportunity to manage your own work in the field while also contributing to a larger team with other Technicians across the region.
If this role appeals to you, we encourage you to apply today!
What You Will Do
- Responsible for continued safe and reliable supply of gas to customers by maintaining pressures and flows at levels authorized by District Management and Gas Control. This includes a 24/7 on-call rotation with some occasional overtime.
- As a team member, ensure own and other team member’s compliance to EH&S policies and procedures.
- Calibration of billing systems, electronic measurements, SCADA systems, pneumatic and electronic controls and odorant injection systems in accordance with company standard practice.
- Collect, maintain and enter data in SAP Work Manager, including accurate completion of all relevant documentation.
- Commission, set-up and test new installations. Provide regular inspections on existing systems.
- Measurement investigation/resolving of billing problems and act as liaison and provide technical support for other departments.
Who You Are
- You will have the following education and experience:
- Related university degree and 4+ years’ experience OR 6+ years of previous field operations experience. An equivalent mix of formal education and experience may be considered.
- Experience in field operations with electrical and mechanical equipment knowledge will be considered as an asset.
- Strong technical, mechanical and hands-on skills as well as strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Analytical thinking and strong organizational skills are required to ensure tasks are completed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Digital literacy and computer proficiency is required.
- G2 Gas Fitter license or higher is desired.
The successful incumbent will be required to work outdoors in all weather conditions along with occasional travel. The incumbent may be required to work anywhere within the Southwest regions to support various Stations Operations projects or compliance workload.
This role is comprised of 80% field work and 20% office work. A valid Ontario G class Ontario driver’s license and maintenance of a responsible driving record is required.
This role also includes moderate physical activities like daily wrenching, occasional lifting and some heavy repair work.